http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local/10343278._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POST MAN has won a £9,500 compensation pay-out from Royal Mail after falling from a faulty bicycle.
The postal worker, who works out of Colchester’s Eastgates post office and asked not to be named, was on his rounds in Fordham when the accident occured.
He was thrown heavily to the ground in Moat Road after the chain on his delivery bike suddenly snapped.
The fall left him with a fractured left shoulder and he was rushed to Colchester General Hospital in October 2011.
Royal Mail, which admitted fault and settled out of court, has apologised.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman wins £9,500 compensation after faulty bicycle fall
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman wins £9,500 compensation after faulty bicycle fall
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Postman wins £9,500 compensation after faulty bicycle fa
Astounded RM admitted liability, though it has taken 18 months. Wonder if any Conduct Code proceedings took place in the mean time?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.