Yeah well I know that but what can you do huh. Can't email Moya without letting on who you are can you.....?PorkPie wrote:They are lying .. end of ...........................monkeymutha wrote:Our office has recently been told to deliver ALL surplus D2D. Nothing is to be sent back. DOM says decision comes from 'upstairs'.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
whose dumping d2d s
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: whose dumping d2d s
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
You can email her without giving your name,you could always say why you won't give your name.monkeymutha wrote:Yeah well I know that but what can you do huh. Can't email Moya without letting on who you are can you.....?PorkPie wrote:They are lying .. end of ...........................monkeymutha wrote:Our office has recently been told to deliver ALL surplus D2D. Nothing is to be sent back. DOM says decision comes from 'upstairs'.
It will at least be flagged somewhere which is a start.
That would also apply to any situation,at least it's a start.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Reporting your concern
Speak Up is a web-based confidential reporting service operated by InTouch, an external and independent company. Royal Mail subscribes to this service so that you have a secure way to report in confidence - and anonymously if you wish - genuine concerns about actual or suspected misconduct, malpractice, illegal or unethical behaviour in the workplace, and which you are uncomfortable about raising through your line manager.
https://www.intouchfeedback.com/index.a ... 1&Cid=2752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Speak Up is a web-based confidential reporting service operated by InTouch, an external and independent company. Royal Mail subscribes to this service so that you have a secure way to report in confidence - and anonymously if you wish - genuine concerns about actual or suspected misconduct, malpractice, illegal or unethical behaviour in the workplace, and which you are uncomfortable about raising through your line manager.
https://www.intouchfeedback.com/index.a ... 1&Cid=2752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
I've also noticed a disturbing tendency to find D2Ds dumped in post boxes!!! 
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
As far as I'm concerned that's wrong. If there's a sign on the door clearly stating that the householder does not want unaddressed mail delivering then the items should be treated as Refused. The customer is perfectly entitled to do so.97gaz wrote: You can't also not deliver just because someone has a "no junk mail" sticker on the front door. Everyone gets one unless there is an official opt out.
As far as the accuracy of the number of D2D's goes I think there are problems outside of the A+ information. In the past, say I've been given 3 lots of D2D to deliver, lets call them A,B and C. I'll prep and deliver each call on my walk and find, come Saturday that I'll often be short of the number required of A, have one or two too many of B and then about 30 too many of C.
Last edited by CharlesSpooner on 21 Apr 2013, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: whose dumping d2d s
You can stick to that line if you want but according to the FOI request on the matter, RM will regard failure to deliver D2D (even in the circumstance cited) as wilful delay and as such could result in dismissal.CharlesSpooner wrote:As far as I'm concerned that's wrong. If there's a sign on the door clearly stating that the householder does not want unaddressed mail delivering then the items should be treated as Refused. The customer is perfectly entitled to do so.97gaz wrote: You can't also not deliver just because someone has a "no junk mail" sticker on the front door. Everyone gets one unless there is an official opt out.
If the customer wants to opt out, there is an official procedure for doing so.
If they wrote on their letter box they don't want any council tax letters would you uphold their request?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
The recipient cannot refuse mail before the point of delivery.CharlesSpooner wrote:If there's a sign on the door clearly stating that the householder does not want unaddressed mail delivering then the items should be treated as Refused.
You should not accept "refused" mail from the recipient.
The procedure is for the customer to endorse the item and return it through the system.
It is therefore impossible to treat an as yet undelivered item as refused.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
I don't care what items the customer does or does not wish to refuse, Their house, their mail, their choice.clashcityrocker wrote:You can stick to that line if you want but according to the FOI request on the matter, RM will regard failure to deliver D2D (even in the circumstance cited) as wilful delay and as such could result in dismissal.CharlesSpooner wrote:As far as I'm concerned that's wrong. If there's a sign on the door clearly stating that the householder does not want unaddressed mail delivering then the items should be treated as Refused. The customer is perfectly entitled to do so.97gaz wrote: You can't also not deliver just because someone has a "no junk mail" sticker on the front door. Everyone gets one unless there is an official opt out.
If the customer wants to opt out, there is an official procedure for doing so.
If they wrote on their letter box they don't want any council tax letters would you uphold their request?
And I'm not recommending that anyone follows my lead but I will maintain that a system that states the customer has no right to refuse delivery of specific items without being made to jump through loops is wrong. Especially when the system is so poorly maintained and observed - the number of times we don't get control sheets with the opt-out information on until Wednesday is ridiculous.
FISHTANK
"You should not accept "refused" mail from the recipient.
The procedure is for the customer to endorse the item and return it through the system."
I didn't know that
I still maintain the system is wrong though
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Have to agree with clash and FT, by not delivering D2Ds to such addresses, you are opening yourself up to a dismissal, and it is what they want now.
Just deliver them, and if customers complain, explain your position and advise them to opt out, contacting customer services as a start point.
It's just not worth risking your job over something so trivial.
Just deliver them, and if customers complain, explain your position and advise them to opt out, contacting customer services as a start point.
It's just not worth risking your job over something so trivial.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Maybe. I just know there's going to be a situation when they hand the items back to me, I don't take them and they fall on the floorUnhappyGremlin wrote:Have to agree with clash and FT, by not delivering D2Ds to such addresses, you are opening yourself up to a dismissal, and it is what they want now.
Just deliver them, and if customers complain, explain your position and advise them to opt out, contacting customer services as a start point.
It's just not worth risking your job over something so trivial.
And given some of the customers around my walk I'm risking taking a f*****g good hiding for it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Obviously you would use common sense and if the customer was refusing you access to deliver them or becoming aggressive the sensible thing to do would be to return the items to the D.O. and inform management.CharlesSpooner wrote:
Maybe. I just know there's going to be a situation when they hand the items back to me, I don't take them and they fall on the floor![]()
And given some of the customers around my walk I'm risking taking a f*****g good hiding for it.
It's just not something I would do as routine that's all.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
oneandonly
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 20 Mar 2013, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
what's the official line with surplus d2d. I work in a mail centre, there's yorks of the stuff coming in everyday and it all gets chucked in the skip.
-
watt tyler
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 12 Mar 2013, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
same here, we've got a skip specifically for them.oneandonly wrote:what's the official line with surplus d2d. I work in a mail centre, there's yorks of the stuff coming in everyday and it all gets chucked in the skip.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male