ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity single

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity single

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity single - listen

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/ ... isten.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe McElderry has teamed with the Royal Mail to release a charity single.

The singer and Royal Mail choir have recorded a rendition of hymn 'Abide With Me'.

For every sale of the song, which is available to download from April 14, £1 will be donated by Royal Mail Group to Prostate Cancer UK.

"I was delighted to be asked to sing on this record, which will hopefully raise lots of money for Prostate Cancer UK," McElderry said in a statement.

"It was great recording the song with the Royal Mail Choir - they're a talented group of people, and together I think we've produced a brilliant and moving track."

The choir added: "Joe's a brilliant singer and he's been enormously helpful. We're all really proud of the song and delighted Joe agreed to take part."

Royal Mail holds the Guinness World Record for payroll giving, having helped a total of 975 charities.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity singl

Post by Brainache »

The last I heard of Joe McElderry was that he was the support act for a..................... Jedward concert :nana
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity singl

Post by DGP1 »

Brains wrote:The last I heard of Joe McElderry was that he was the support act for a..................... Jedward concert :nana
You where at a Jedward concert :shock: I think that says more about you than him :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity singl

Post by fishtank »

I had to google Joe McElderry.
He likes to think of his first name as being William.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity singl

Post by clashcityrocker »

Henceforth I will think of you as William Fishtank.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Joe McElderry teams up with Royal Mail for charity singl

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Henceforth I will think of you as William Fishtank.
You're a cruel man, better watch for the chief avatar killer, he may side with 'William' :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio