ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-22076634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?


ImageConsiderable damage has been caused to a wall and roof at the back of the premises

Thieves have used a digger to ram the wall of a post office in Moneyreagh, outside Belfast.

The attack happened at about 02:00 BST on Tuesday, causing substantial damage to a wall and the roof of the property at Hillmount Drive.

The police said it was unclear if anything had been taken.

DUP assembly member Jimmy Spratt condemned the incident saying it was an "attack on the whole community" in Moneyreagh.

"The shop and post office at Moneyreagh are at the heart of the community in the area and are widely used by many people including older people and those from the rural community." he said.

"It is shocking that a digger was used to knock down the annexe at the back of the post office and I understand it hasn't yet been possible to ascertain if the safe has been stolen due to the amount of rubble.

"If anyone sees suspicious activity near a post office, especially in the early hours of the morning, it is imperative they contact police immediately. "
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

What happened to trying to break in and get out quietly?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by DGP1 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:What happened to trying to break in and get out quietly?
They're referred to 'The Hole in the Wall Gang'............they've been doing it for years, usually they just take the ATMs :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

DGP1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:What happened to trying to break in and get out quietly?
They're referred to 'The Hole in the Wall Gang'............they've been doing it for years, usually they just take the ATMs :chuckle
Not really a hole though. More a missing wall.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by DGP1 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:What happened to trying to break in and get out quietly?
They're referred to 'The Hole in the Wall Gang'............they've been doing it for years, usually they just take the ATMs :chuckle
Not really a hole though. More a missing wall.
I never said the name was accurate, they just like the name :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

DGP1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:What happened to trying to break in and get out quietly?
They're referred to 'The Hole in the Wall Gang'............they've been doing it for years, usually they just take the ATMs :chuckle
Not really a hole though. More a missing wall.
I never said the name was accurate, they just like the name :chuckle
Must do. They even stole that.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Digger used in attempted post office robbery

Post by DGP1 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:What happened to trying to break in and get out quietly?
They're referred to 'The Hole in the Wall Gang'............they've been doing it for years, usually they just take the ATMs :chuckle
Not really a hole though. More a missing wall.
I never said the name was accurate, they just like the name :chuckle
Must do. They even stole that.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio