ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
whose dumping d2d s
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: whose dumping d2d s
I've had excess D2Ds dumped under my frame by lazy posties who couldn't be arsed doing it, its catching them at it, the bastards 
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
I believe there is a new system in operation because up to last week we had been instructed to hold on to them.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
the dom doesnt change the totals, the totals come directly from a plus, so ask him to print out the walk log and then look at it and find out which delivery points are there that shouldnt be there, he can then remove them and stops the problem within 2 weekseastie wrote:problem is since Revision our walks have been changed and tweaked so many times but the D2D's havent.
No wonder they are all wrong.
If the DOM cant be arsed to change the totals why should we
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Our office is a disgrace for undelivered D2D,Our DOM Has set traps in the way of numbered cards hidden inside the D2D Bundles,When the postman doesn't hand the card in at the end of the week they are quizzed,Or if they are found on the D2D Surplus frame they are quizzed, FIVE PEOPLE Have been caught and nothing done because every one of them does overtime for him,I Know for a fact he would sack one of the lads that cut off.
Worse still with the hundreds that are dumped on the Surplus frame,He gets the people on light duties to put them together and sneaks them onto other walks,So effectively delivering them twice,I realised I had an extra 2 items within my prepped D2D and pulled them out and told him only once would I ask him not to do that,Or I will be reporting him,Its a Joke.
Worse still with the hundreds that are dumped on the Surplus frame,He gets the people on light duties to put them together and sneaks them onto other walks,So effectively delivering them twice,I realised I had an extra 2 items within my prepped D2D and pulled them out and told him only once would I ask him not to do that,Or I will be reporting him,Its a Joke.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Happens all the time at our place,people come in early for more than one reason it seems.NWpostie wrote:I've had excess D2Ds dumped under my frame by lazy posties who couldn't be arsed doing it, its catching them at it, the bastards
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
-
PorkPie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 23:14
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
There are no excuses for not delivering D2D's .. the history of how we were sold down the river on payments is just that, history .. get over it .. the purge has come from senior management who have been made aware of numerous locations across the country that are simply ignoring their D2D allocation completely .. given the sizeable profits generated by this "sideline" for RM they have to be seen to be addressing the problem .. and rightly so !
Never ceases to amaze me that people cannot just stick to delivering their pre-determined daily portion as per the weekly sheet .. it's not rocket science is it ? .. too many people happy to leave it to other people .. missing a days delivery prior to their day off is a favourite trick .. yes, it's irritating that the volumes per week are so random .. six one week, then nothing, then three, and so on .. and yes, it's tough when you have five or six in a week and it coincides with a day of heavy mail and management just leave you to get on with it .. but that's the job as it is at the minute.
In my eyes it's still a fantastic job .. sure, it's getting tougher physically but, if you can't stand the heat .................
Never ceases to amaze me that people cannot just stick to delivering their pre-determined daily portion as per the weekly sheet .. it's not rocket science is it ? .. too many people happy to leave it to other people .. missing a days delivery prior to their day off is a favourite trick .. yes, it's irritating that the volumes per week are so random .. six one week, then nothing, then three, and so on .. and yes, it's tough when you have five or six in a week and it coincides with a day of heavy mail and management just leave you to get on with it .. but that's the job as it is at the minute.
In my eyes it's still a fantastic job .. sure, it's getting tougher physically but, if you can't stand the heat .................
-
pgtips
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Surely this shouldn't be allowed to happenTheghost wrote:Our office is a disgrace for undelivered D2D,Our DOM Has set traps in the way of numbered cards hidden inside the D2D Bundles,When the postman doesn't hand the card in at the end of the week they are quizzed,Or if they are found on the D2D Surplus frame they are quizzed, FIVE PEOPLE Have been caught and nothing done because every one of them does overtime for him,I Know for a fact he would sack one of the lads that cut off.
Worse still with the hundreds that are dumped on the Surplus frame,He gets the people on light duties to put them together and sneaks them onto other walks,So effectively delivering them twice,I realised I had an extra 2 items within my prepped D2D and pulled them out and told him only once would I ask him not to do that,Or I will be reporting him,Its a Joke.
-
tyfc
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 19:57
Re: whose dumping d2d s
today our office have been told 3 posties have been suspended from sittingbourne do this week for dumping d2d can anyone confirm this from sittingbourne ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Not without outing themselves they can't. Although then can do it through me and I'll post it as an anonymous source if the want.tyfc wrote:today our office have been told 3 posties have been suspended from sittingbourne do this week for dumping d2d can anyone confirm this from sittingbourne ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Today i was asked if i had a problem with last weeks D2D,s. As many of one type (pens) were left. Bear in mind that I only did 3 days last week . Due to family bbereavement.
Obviously no was the answer as i do my daily allocation.
Was told the new rule was that any surplus must be delivered; even if you go to the same address multople times.
I have said no way. As that is wrong.
Am going to mail Moya
I cannot understand how they cannot mange this!!! Actually , yes i can.Simple systems to manage the delivery of D2D's . This is not hard to do
Obviously no was the answer as i do my daily allocation.
Was told the new rule was that any surplus must be delivered; even if you go to the same address multople times.
I have said no way. As that is wrong.
Am going to mail Moya
I cannot understand how they cannot mange this!!! Actually , yes i can.Simple systems to manage the delivery of D2D's . This is not hard to do
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: whose dumping d2d s
I can't see why the D2D shouldn't be supplied all within one unaddressed envelope. Most of them come through a mailing house or similar and advertisers would know they are sent out with others, so why not insist on that. That way it is just one envelope to throw off and one envelope to deliver. And also one envelope for the householder to throw straight in the bin/recycling, as that is what 99.99999% of people do anyway.
Sorry, only been with RM for about 6 months so I haven't lost logic and common sense yet.
Sorry, only been with RM for about 6 months so I haven't lost logic and common sense yet.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: whose dumping d2d s
The problem with that is the same as why nesting is a no no, the companies are paying for their advertising to reach the customers and BE SEEN by the customers - if householders have to pick each item off the doormat, even if they only spend half a second looking at it, job done.fb1969 wrote:I can't see why the D2D shouldn't be supplied all within one unaddressed envelope. Most of them come through a mailing house or similar and advertisers would know they are sent out with others, so why not insist on that. That way it is just one envelope to throw off and one envelope to deliver. And also one envelope for the householder to throw straight in the bin/recycling, as that is what 99.99999% of people do anyway.
Sorry, only been with RM for about 6 months so I haven't lost logic and common sense yet.
Putting it all in to an envelope would be like watching TV and half way through Corrie a screen with a message pops up saying to watch the ads push the red button and select the ad you wish to see...
none of the viewers would watch them and advertisers certainly wouldn't pay for that.
If RM started putting everybody's advertising together in envelopes, nobody would pay for us to deliver their advertising
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: whose dumping d2d s
Our office has recently been told to deliver ALL surplus D2D. Nothing is to be sent back. DOM says decision comes from 'upstairs'.
-
PorkPie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 23:14
- Gender: Male
Re: whose dumping d2d s
They are lying .. end of ...........................monkeymutha wrote:Our office has recently been told to deliver ALL surplus D2D. Nothing is to be sent back. DOM says decision comes from 'upstairs'.