http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Frank-conf ... z2PyGlPJJ3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RECENTLY I have received several letters from people bearing un-franked stamps, which I have prudently cut out and re-used by Sellotaping them to a few of our group newsletters. Now it has come to my attention from a member that he was charged 50p under payment and £1 handling fee because of the re-used stamp I put on his newsletter, plus the inconvenience of having to collect the item from the sorting office.
I am extremely sorry if this has happened to other members. Frankly, I think it is disgraceful that the Post Office is charging innocent victims for this when I am the one who was at fault. The newsletter should have been returned to me by the GPO with a note explaining the error of my ways. As my name and address is on view on the reverse there is no excuse for not knowing who sent it!
Anyway, why shouldn't I re-use these un-franked stamps? If the GPO's high tech machinery cannot do the job properly then they should put it right, not charge the unwitting public for their inefficiency.
Time was when the occasional un-franked stamp was struck through with the postman's pen before pushing it through the door, rendering the stamp unusable, not any more! So, to avoid future upsets, I have thrown away my remaining stamps, much as it grieves me, and will only use newly purchased ones in future, but who can blame me in these times of rising costs for trying to be prudent and save my favourite charity a little money?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps http://www.thi
Anyway why shouldn't I go into PC World and shove a laptop up my jumper? If PC World's high tech machinery can't spot me shoving a laptop up my jumper then they should put it right not charge the unwitting public for their inefficiency.Anyway, why shouldn't I re-use these un-franked stamps? If the GPO's high tech machinery cannot do the job properly then they should put it right, not charge the unwitting public for their inefficiency.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
I thought the stamps had tamper evident bits that came off if you tried to pull them off and reuse them...........I suppose it doesn't help is someone is stupid enough to cut them off and try to sellotape them on to avoid paying.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
GPO, seriously?!?! Only 44 years behind the times there.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3349
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
I hope he personally complained to Tony Benn 
The machine stops.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
Mr Benn?Mr Rush wrote:I hope he personally complained to Tony Benn

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
DGP1 wrote:Mr Benn?Mr Rush wrote:I hope he personally complained to Tony Benn
Mr Benn's first name was William.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
I think what he said was he likes to think of his first name as being William.fishtank wrote: Mr Benn's first name was William.
He isn't actually called William anywhere.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
Pedant.clashcityrocker wrote:I think what he said was he likes to think of his first name as being William.fishtank wrote: Mr Benn's first name was William.
He isn't actually called William anywhere.
This is my brother Frank,I like to think of his first name as being William.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
It beggars belief that someone can be so indignant at being caught committing what I believe amounts to fraud.
As far as the recipients being charged £1.50 for this mistake, well A) they shouldn't have done it, and B) if they're that bothered then they can send them all a cheque for the relevant amount with an apology. RM shouldn't be being moaned about for catching them out, and protecting revenue.
As far as the recipients being charged £1.50 for this mistake, well A) they shouldn't have done it, and B) if they're that bothered then they can send them all a cheque for the relevant amount with an apology. RM shouldn't be being moaned about for catching them out, and protecting revenue.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Frank confession over bid to reuse stamps
I can't believe you two are fighting over his first name when the bigger mystery is.........who the hell was the shopkeeper????????????fishtank wrote:Pedant.clashcityrocker wrote:I think what he said was he likes to think of his first name as being William.fishtank wrote: Mr Benn's first name was William.
He isn't actually called William anywhere.
This is my brother Frank,I like to think of his first name as being William.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
