ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yearly

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hubbahubba
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1045
Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
Gender: Female

Re: Yearly

Post by hubbahubba »

fishtank wrote:
hubbahubba wrote:Its a quiet Sunday,so we have a pro/anti London thread develope.
Never seen that before.....
:cuppa
It's unfair to try to polarise an argument or to do a bit of unofficial moderating.
As far as I can see the thread is as much about the cost of living in other areas as anything else,attempting to shut down that debate just because it might involve an area that already receives help only serves to increase hostility.
Is London that precious?
I've seen this tactic used before on this forum many times. :cuppa
I was hardly trying to moderate or shut down the debate,it was just my opinon on how the thread was going.
Tbh I dont give a monkeys either way,obviously some feel more strongly than me on this issue.Me,i am just bored by it...

:neutral:
same as it ever was...
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by spoodoo »

I always thought we we were all bracketed in the same pay ,just think its unfair as other areas cost of living is high too.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by dvbuk55 »

spoodoo wrote:I always thought we we were all bracketed in the same pay ,just think its unfair as other areas cost of living is high too.
Well instead of Pay Day Loan Shops down there they just dig a bit of pavement up :cuppa
hans solo
Posts: 3292
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by hans solo »

that ,ll be londons gold will it
i thought it was just ot ghosting
cant wait till we win our indi vote in 2014
remember bannockburn
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Yearly

Post by Darren Bent »

Just wondering how far is London zone for increased pay, if you can afford to buy a house to move to nearer to London (North)
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Yearly

Post by clashcityrocker »

Inner London house prices:

Camden


Average house price
£837,550

Detached
£3,491,428

Semi-detached
£2,308,826

Terrace
£1,648,465

Flat
£625,453

The BBC does a nice price comparison web page. You can input your own postcode and see the average property prices.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by Indy »

Thanks everyone excellent discussion of London living costs compared to other regions in the UK.

Do I assume that nobody knows what an inner London OPG's basic is then? if not anyone have any pointers on where I'd be able to find out?
Thanks
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by dvbuk55 »

Indy wrote:Thanks everyone excellent discussion of London living costs compared to other regions in the UK.

Do I assume that nobody knows what an inner London OPG's basic is then? if not anyone have any pointers on where I'd be able to find out?
Thanks

May I suggest Forbes List :whistle
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by Indy »

Are people really that resentful? :hmmmm

As I don't know what they earn its had to make a judgement.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Yearly

Post by clashcityrocker »

The figures I gave you at the start can't be far out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
enzio
Posts: 379
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by enzio »

i worked in London delivers for 12 years and then moved to Scotland and do delivers there and trust me you might get more money there but your standard of life is better here.i would not like to go back that for sure :wink: you could just about afford to live then on an opg wage don't know what it would be like now.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by Indy »

clashcityrocker wrote:The figures I gave you at the start can't be far out.
Yes, thanks but for my needs above 25k means 1 thing below 25k means another. Google is useless.

I have no plans to move just wanted to know.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by fishtank »

Indy wrote:Are people really that resentful? :hmmmm

As I don't know what they earn its had to make a judgement.
These figures are valid up until 1/04/12*
To get the up to date figure you need to add 3.5%
(*CWU Pay Handbook is always a year behind for some reason :neutral: )

OPERATIONAL GRADE
Basic pay: £323.57 pw to £359.52 pw (national)
£383.76 pw to £426.40 pw(Outer London)
£405.88 pw to £450.98 pw (Inner London)
Extras: £9.54 ph (1st 10 hrsMon - Sat o/t)
£8.49 ph (remaininghrs Mon - Sat o/t)
£11.02 ph (Sun o/t)
£9.83 ph (SA Mon - Sat)
£11.68 ph (SA Sun)
Pay increase: 1.4%‡
From: 01/04/11
Hours: 40**
Holiday: 4 weeks 2.5 days to
6 weeks
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by Indy »

fishtank wrote:£405.88 pw to £450.98 pw (Inner London)
Excellent, Fishtank to the rescue thanks mate.
That gives me £21,840 to £24,280 inc the 3.5% if my basic maths is correct.

Final question 'onest! why the 2 figures? I was under the impression that we all got a basic for our area then specific allowances are (or used to be :sad: ) added i.e. PHG
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Yearly

Post by fishtank »

Indy wrote:Final question 'onest! why the 2 figures? I was under the impression that we all got a basic for our area then specific allowances are (or used to be :sad: ) added i.e. PHG

Starting rate for newbies is lower,then jumps after 6 months then again after 12.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share