http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/b ... e/?ref=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A strike by local postal workers boosted trade at a West Yorkshire-based parcels delivery operation.
Delivery company myHermes saw business soar by 60 per cent at its Parcelshop collection point in the Mace store on Southfield Lane, Bradford, as a result of action by Royal Mail workers over the Easter weekend.
The delivery firm, part of the giant German-based Otto retail group which also includes Bradford-based Freeman Grattan Holdings, said trade at its ten depots across the area rose by an average of ten per cent as a result of the action.
Jonathan Bennett from myHermes said: “We started seeing an increase across the network almost as soon as the strike was announced. We very much hope that now more customers have tried our service they will appreciate how convenient and cost effective it is.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal strike boosts Bradford delivery firm's trade
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postal strike boosts Bradford delivery firm's trade
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postal strike boosts Bradford delivery firm’s trade
Bradford t&a fail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal strike boosts Bradford delivery firm’s trade
They'll soon go back to Royal Mail when these courier companies piss 'em around, RM might be crap but there alot better than these ten a penny courier companies.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Postal strike boosts Bradford delivery firm’s trade
Probably not long after parcels get left in the rain and soaked through, or door stepped and stolen, etc.houseoflords wrote:They'll soon go back to Royal Mail when these courier companies piss 'em around, RM might be crap but there alot better than these ten a penny courier companies.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.