ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crammypostie1
Posts: 187
Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
Gender: Male
Location: Cumbria

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by crammypostie1 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
crammypostie1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
crammypostie1 wrote:well if it works for annual leave why doesnt it work for the staff that left and come back to the company?
thats the whole thrust of this thread so not sure what you mean.
staff that leave the company, and then rejoin, should they not be able to combine there time served and class it as seniority
If they did that, it would make them a senior staff member wouldn't it? The ones you want rid of. Make up your mind. :crazy:
I just like to see every1 fair. Im sure we all have knackers in the office, and some folk with alot of years service that get first pick of duties. Now i dont think its right that time served gets you first pick, you should be interviewed for each position. If that happened, most senior staff would end up as floats and reserves
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

crammypostie1 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
crammypostie1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
crammypostie1 wrote:well if it works for annual leave why doesnt it work for the staff that left and come back to the company?
thats the whole thrust of this thread so not sure what you mean.
staff that leave the company, and then rejoin, should they not be able to combine there time served and class it as seniority
If they did that, it would make them a senior staff member wouldn't it? The ones you want rid of. Make up your mind. :crazy:
I just like to see every1 fair. Im sure we all have knackers in the office, and some folk with alot of years service that get first pick of duties. Now i dont think its right that time served gets you first pick, you should be interviewed for each position. If that happened, most senior staff would end up as floats and reserves
On what grounds?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by fishtank »

crammypostie1 wrote:Now i dont think its right that time served gets you first pick, you should be interviewed for each position. If that happened, most senior staff would end up as floats and reserves
That wouldn't help you crammy.
If the manager got to hand out the easiest jobs to his mates you would just be another kiss ass in an office full of kiss asses.
The competition would be too much for you.
You're much better off being the only kiss ass in the office,It's what makes you special.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
crammypostie1
Posts: 187
Joined: 31 Mar 2013, 21:45
Gender: Male
Location: Cumbria

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by crammypostie1 »

soooo many people disagreeing with my comments, so many slackers id imagine working for royal mail. I enjoy my job, so should you instead of coming on here crying
CJ12
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 Oct 2012, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by CJ12 »

crammypostie1 wrote:soooo many people disagreeing with my comments, so many slackers id imagine working for royal mail. I enjoy my job, so should you instead of coming on here crying
Okay how do you decide who is best suited to an unskilled job that any one of us can do equally well? Prep mail- deliver it- go home! collect it-sort it- whatever! No degree needed so how else do you choose who does what? Seniority IS fair & that comes from someone who would have 25 years but now has just 3! I'm happy that I wont get a duty because I am favoured by management, I originally worked in an office where we all looked out for each other, sounds like you are out for yourself! I do enjoy the job & that's why I came back. you will never know what a good job it was before attitudes like yours ruined RM & it's a shame you see your hard working colleagues as slackers.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

crammypostie1 wrote:soooo many people disagreeing with my comments, so many slackers id imagine working for royal mail. I enjoy my job, so should you instead of coming on here crying
Nobody is crying, except you, as that's all you've done in every post. You made a suggestion, I asked you to elaborate, so I could tell you why you're wrong. :nana
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Combining 2 periods of service for A/L purposes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

crammypostie1 wrote:soooo many people disagreeing with my comments, so many slackers id imagine working for royal mail. I enjoy my job, so should you instead of coming on here crying
May I recommend Edwin A. Abbott as an author, you'd enjoy his writing.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.