As my UK readers will know, Royal Mail are increasing their prices as of April 2nd. This is going to have a big impact on many small businesses. Jane Carter has created an e-petition to freeze Royal Mail price hikes so that we don't have the small again next year. Personally I think Royal Mail are going to eventually price themselves out of the game. I'm already looking at the cost of couriers to send my parcels even the really small ones.
To read more and sign the petition yourself click the link below. Remember to login to your emails to click the link they send you otherwise your name won't be added!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
There is no shortage of idiots in Britain today, so my money is on her being an avid supporter of privatising yet another public utility, despite the damning evidence that points to the folly that was perpetrated in the 1980's with our gas, electricity, railways, etc, etc, etc.
From the headline I thought this might be an April Fools joke. Might sign it though. Can see anything being done as a result, even if it does get the required amount of signatures.
theboropostie wrote:Price for small parcels has gone down so she's f****d up there...
Old prices: 1st packet 0-750g £2.70, 2nd packet 0-750g £2.20
New prices: 1st small parcel 0-1kg £3, 2nd small parcel 0-1kg £2.60
So prices have not gone down
I think you could technically argue that if your parcel is between 750g and 1kg then you will be paying less for your parcel than you would have under the old system.
That's the spin RM have been putting on it.
Not so much a price decrease as a band increase.
How many would fall into this group though and still be inside the size restrictions for a small parcel?
Probably not many.