http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... n/10327243._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTAL worker blamed bullying at work for him turning to drink.
Blackburn magistrates heard Alan Stevens was more than four times the drink-drive limit when he was stopped on his way home from work.
And the court was told a subsequent incident at work, also involving drink, had resulted in his dismissal.
Stevens, 45, of New Lane, Oswaldtwistle, pleaded guilty to driving with excess alcohol.
He was ordered to do 300 hours unpaid work, banned from driving for three years, and ordered to pay £145 costs.
Eddie Harrison, prosecuting, said police were told at 1.20pm about a car which had collided with another vehicle, and failed to stop.
An officer was travelling along Union Road when he saw the car driven by Stevens, and caused it to stop.“The officer said the driver was clearly drunk and didn’t appear to understand what was happening,” said Mr Harrison.
Stevens was arrested and taken to the police station ,where he collapsed, and was taken to hospital. He gave a blood sample which showed an alcohol level of 322 against the legal limit of 80.
Michael Blacklidge, defending, said Stevens had worked as a plumbing and heating engineer on leaving school until 16 years ago when he joined the Royal Mail in Accrington, firstly on deliveries and then inside.
He said: “All was well until November 2011 when there was a change of management and there were difficulties with workplace bullying. He has tried to deal with this through the internal grievance procedures.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at work
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at work
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at w
Stopped on his way home from work 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at w
I just like the name Oswaldtwistle. 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at w
@ 1-20 p.m. ... and already rat*rsed ?? Nearest scumbag Wetherspoons is in Accrington ...DGP1 wrote:Stopped on his way home from work
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at w
And the amount he was over is just staggering, he must have been supping on a bottle during his roundsRedBagMan wrote:@ 1-20 p.m. ... and already rat*rsed ?? Nearest scumbag Wetherspoons is in Accrington ...DGP1 wrote:Stopped on his way home from work
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Oswaldtwistle drink-drive postal worker was bullied at w
Used to work with a lad, who was dismissed a few years ago, who drank really heavily, whilst on delivery. In fact, he used to buy a half bottle of spirits from a shop he delivered to and drink before he finished.
Might sound harsh, but I have no sympathy for anyone caught/convicted of drink driving. It's bang out of order and there is absolutely no excuse.
I do sympathise with his work problems, and can understand if he felt the only way to deal with it was drinking, but he should have grown a brain and stopped driving.
Might sound harsh, but I have no sympathy for anyone caught/convicted of drink driving. It's bang out of order and there is absolutely no excuse.
I do sympathise with his work problems, and can understand if he felt the only way to deal with it was drinking, but he should have grown a brain and stopped driving.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.