people just don't think sometimes, rightly or wrongly.DB1100 wrote:The owner of those dog's must be an absolute retard,she did everything wrong,5 strong willed dogs in a small area with a stranger eating food ffs what was she thinking,this is an owner that needs locking up for a long time.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
dogs
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: dogs
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: dogs
Too true,but when taking on dog's you have to take responsibility owning one dog is not easy,owning 2 big dog's is a lot harder and owning 5 large dogs of a dominant nature is a time bomb unless the owner is the right person and in the right circumstances.A house with a young family that has lots of visitors is NOT the right circumstances to have 5 dominant dogs.motch wrote:people just don't think sometimes, rightly or wrongly.DB1100 wrote:The owner of those dog's must be an absolute retard,she did everything wrong,5 strong willed dogs in a small area with a stranger eating food ffs what was she thinking,this is an owner that needs locking up for a long time.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: dogs
Dog owners should be licensed with heavy fines if not. They should also have to pass an exam/test like you do for driving and just like road tax they should pay for a new license every year.
Cull the dogs that aren't wanted (too many of them anyway).
Use the license fee to pay for more dog wardens who can enforce the law!!!
Cull the dogs that aren't wanted (too many of them anyway).
Use the license fee to pay for more dog wardens who can enforce the law!!!
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: dogs
Was delivering in a block of flats in an a dodgy area. A woman comes out of her flat with her dog that wasn't on the lead, it was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Why do people in these areas always own these breeds?) came running down the stairs and started jumping up at me and knocked me sideways. The owner says 'Don't worry he's friendly' and yes he was, but why don't owners put them on leads in public areas, I mean I wasn't to know whether it was friendly or not and I did feel a bit scared to be honest. I don't mind dogs as I have one myself, but I wouldn't let it jump over strangers in public places. 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: dogs
theres no such thing as a "friendly" dog, by their nature dogs are unpredictable. You can have a dog that has never attacked anyone but if it sees someone it doesnt know, and think its invading its territory there is a chance it will attack. Again, its the kind of attitude you mention thats getting people bitten and worse killed, agree with above poster that dog owners need to be licensed which could get revoked for life if their dog attacks someone.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: dogs
Yes there is. There is also common sense. I don't, ever, take a dog owner at their word. Yes, the dog may be fine, I cannot possibly know one way or the other, but I won't take the risk. If they don't put the dog inside, their mail goes back to the office, boss is informed, ASAP to cover myself - by phone right then and there if necessary. It's their choice.Postie45 wrote:theres no such thing as a "friendly" dog
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: dogs
All dogs have the potential to turn, end of. I don't trust any of them.
I don't own any and I am very suspicious of big dogs, at least with smaller ones you can boot them out of the way, to be honest I hate them as someone said before this line of work does make you that way especially the owners who don't give a sh1t
Jade has found out too late, the dog owner should by right be prosecuted for Involuntary manslaughter as it is in the USA, I think we should introduce the same law here for attacks on private property, I think the reason why it has not been introduced so far is that I think the MPs all have their own dog and do not want to cop it, the Dangerous Dogs Law is flawed from the start, punish the deed and reduce the potentially dangerous powerful breeds, in the list of fatal dog attack in the US pitbulls, mastiffs, rottweiler features a lot.there are other breeds that features as well, these dogs are far too powerful to own.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fa ... ted_States" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is no comparable list for the UK but I would imagine its not so different.
To add I found this one, not as extensive but similar enough.. http://www.ukandspain.com/dangerous-dogs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't own any and I am very suspicious of big dogs, at least with smaller ones you can boot them out of the way, to be honest I hate them as someone said before this line of work does make you that way especially the owners who don't give a sh1t
Jade has found out too late, the dog owner should by right be prosecuted for Involuntary manslaughter as it is in the USA, I think we should introduce the same law here for attacks on private property, I think the reason why it has not been introduced so far is that I think the MPs all have their own dog and do not want to cop it, the Dangerous Dogs Law is flawed from the start, punish the deed and reduce the potentially dangerous powerful breeds, in the list of fatal dog attack in the US pitbulls, mastiffs, rottweiler features a lot.there are other breeds that features as well, these dogs are far too powerful to own.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fa ... ted_States" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is no comparable list for the UK but I would imagine its not so different.
To add I found this one, not as extensive but similar enough.. http://www.ukandspain.com/dangerous-dogs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: dogs
I'd rather have a cat attack me than a pitbull/rockweiller/doberman style dog though, fall on the floor and the big agressive dog might have a go at your face / throat.UnhappyGremlin wrote:That's the same with any animal, including humans. I've been attacked by a cat, and I thought it was a joke when the home owner put a 'Beware of Cat' notice up.
I've also come across a nutty cat too, it's a bit weird isn't it.
-
debber
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 08:11
- Gender: Male
Re: dogs
That list is grim reading.NWpostie wrote:All dogs have the potential to turn, end of. I don't trust any of them.
I don't own any and I am very suspicious of big dogs, at least with smaller ones you can boot them out of the way, to be honest I hate them as someone said before this line of work does make you that way especially the owners who don't give a sh1t![]()
Jade has found out too late, the dog owner should by right be prosecuted for Involuntary manslaughter as it is in the USA, I think we should introduce the same law here for attacks on private property, I think the reason why it has not been introduced so far is that I think the MPs all have their own dog and do not want to cop it, the Dangerous Dogs Law is flawed from the start, punish the deed and reduce the potentially dangerous powerful breeds, in the list of fatal dog attack in the US pitbulls, mastiffs, rottweiler features a lot.there are other breeds that features as well, these dogs are far too powerful to own.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fa ... ted_States" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is no comparable list for the UK but I would imagine its not so different.
To add I found this one, not as extensive but similar enough.. http://www.ukandspain.com/dangerous-dogs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;