Has your Area Rep spoken to the dom about this? If so what was the conclusion?arthur was right wrote:CWU! Your members need you WHERE ARE YOU!! I am one of the very few maybe the only one who will refuse to work over my time. The walks are far too big.The number of parcels is disgusting. Because I LEAVE ITEMS IN THE FRAME I AM SEEN AS TROUBLE. THIS IS JUST NOT ON. I FEEL VICTIMISED JUST COS I WANT TO WORK TO MY TIME!! THE REST OF THEM COME IN EARLY, WORK THROUGH BREAKS,DO D2DS IN THEIR OWN TIME. WHY OH WHY ARN;T THE UNION DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THESE ISSUES. SHAME ON THE SPINELESS CWU SHAME!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Threat of Suspension
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Threat of Suspension
What have I done to deserve this?
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Threat of Suspension
But what exactly is a normal circumstance?fishtank wrote:Theghost wrote:Telling staff if they bring mail back they will be suspended so making them guess how much they need to leave in the frame to finish on time.http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 46#p551671" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Under normal circumstances, if correct procedures have been followed no conduct action will be taken against individuals if it is not possible to deliver all the mail by their scheduled finish time.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
arthur was right
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Threat of Suspension
I am very sorry but I feel very strongly about the fact that they are giving us far too much to do in not enough time. What really makes me angry apart from staff playing into their hands by doing the work in their own time is the LACK OF HELP FROM OUR UNION!! If it carries on like this im definately leaving the union. Maybe if a large number of members followed suit they might get the message. What a joke this job and union have become. Your members are working through breaks coming in early and your doing nothing!! SHAMEFUL!!
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Threat of Suspension
That's what I was thinking. As always with RM, they word it in an ambiguous way so they can interpret in such a way that suits them, i.e. allow them to make you look guilty of something, even though your only 'crime' would be requesting/insisting on finishing on time. How unreasonable the staff are.Pat Ostman wrote:But what exactly is a normal circumstance?fishtank wrote:Theghost wrote:Telling staff if they bring mail back they will be suspended so making them guess how much they need to leave in the frame to finish on time.http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 46#p551671" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Under normal circumstances, if correct procedures have been followed no conduct action will be taken against individuals if it is not possible to deliver all the mail by their scheduled finish time.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Threat of Suspension
the problem is people cuming in early to start and doing d2d in there own time. if everyone started at what time they should do and do what the dim wants, have your 40 min break b4 you go out and do your d2d in company time. i fink you find everyone will not have enough time to complete there delivery.
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Threat of Suspension
I understand the frustration but the union can also look at its members who continue to come in early, continue to work through their breaks, the union has not only never advised people do this, its told us time and time not to, yet we all know people still do it. Maybe the CWU can put out yet another leaflet to members telling them not to continue these practises, but I think we all know the same people will ignore it.arthur was right wrote:I am very sorry but I feel very strongly about the fact that they are giving us far too much to do in not enough time. What really makes me angry apart from staff playing into their hands by doing the work in their own time is the LACK OF HELP FROM OUR UNION!! If it carries on like this im definately leaving the union. Maybe if a large number of members followed suit they might get the message. What a joke this job and union have become. Your members are working through breaks coming in early and your doing nothing!! SHAMEFUL!!
Other than putting a picket up outside each office to stop people coming in early (probably not legal unless theres an official strike) and frog marching people off of their frames to make sure they take their breaks, im not sure what more the CWU could do ? open to suggestions...
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Threat of Suspension
I couldn't agree more but what do you honestly think would happen to me and others like me who are still in their probation period?blackadder wrote:the problem is people coming in early to start and doing d2d in there own time. if everyone started at what time they should do and do what the dim wants, have your 40 min break b4 you go out and do your d2d in company time. i fink you find everyone will not have enough time to complete there delivery.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Threat of Suspension
I understand your concerns. Managers do use these situations to their advantage, they know they have people over a barrel. But being on probation isn't a reason to start early, nor can a manager tell you to start before your scheduled time, unless they are paying you O/T. If you have witnesses, which is always recommended, in theory your job should be safe.Rudolph_Hucker wrote:I couldn't agree more but what do you honestly think would happen to me and others like me who are still in their probation period?blackadder wrote:the problem is people coming in early to start and doing d2d in there own time. if everyone started at what time they should do and do what the dim wants, have your 40 min break b4 you go out and do your d2d in company time. i fink you find everyone will not have enough time to complete there delivery.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Threat of Suspension
There's nothing they can do. I've openly said plenty of times on here that I've always finished early and flown around my walks. However things have changed, hours have been cut and I now go in on time and finish on time, I don't work over, ever.Postie45 wrote:I understand the frustration but the union can also look at its members who continue to come in early, continue to work through their breaks, the union has not only never advised people do this, its told us time and time not to, yet we all know people still do it. Maybe the CWU can put out yet another leaflet to members telling them not to continue these practises, but I think we all know the same people will ignore it.arthur was right wrote:I am very sorry but I feel very strongly about the fact that they are giving us far too much to do in not enough time. What really makes me angry apart from staff playing into their hands by doing the work in their own time is the LACK OF HELP FROM OUR UNION!! If it carries on like this im definately leaving the union. Maybe if a large number of members followed suit they might get the message. What a joke this job and union have become. Your members are working through breaks coming in early and your doing nothing!! SHAMEFUL!!
Other than putting a picket up outside each office to stop people coming in early (probably not legal unless theres an official strike) and frog marching people off of their frames to make sure they take their breaks, im not sure what more the CWU could do ? open to suggestions...
But there are still people going in early, working till 5pm and not claiming. You can't reason with them, it's like talking to a brick wall. I understand people going in early when you made h hours back, but working for free on the front end AND the back end, why the f*ck would you do that.
It can't even be that they are scared of managers because ours are pretty good, you tell them you're cutting off and get none of the hassle that I see some on here posting about. I mean threat of suspension? I'd laugh if our managers tried that.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Threat of Suspension
its similar in my office, most will finish early because theyll finish early too. But on busier days you`ll see a lot of people who BOTH get stressed AND rush around their deliveries as "they dont want it left for tomorrow" ... you cant argue logic with these people :(
In my office it cant be blamed on the CWU as theyll back us all the way with cut offs etc, and also the managers arent like many talk about on here as being bullies, quite the opposite. Its purely the postmen putting pressure on themselves to finish asap.
In my office it cant be blamed on the CWU as theyll back us all the way with cut offs etc, and also the managers arent like many talk about on here as being bullies, quite the opposite. Its purely the postmen putting pressure on themselves to finish asap.