http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/10305392._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A dependable Trowbridge postman has delivered his last letter and retired after 23 years of service.
Henry Stevenson, 64, who lives in the town, has been a familiar face on rounds in West Ashton, Yarnbrook, North Bradley and Woodmarsh during his time with Royal Mail.
Colleagues held a party in his honour at the Trowbridge Post Office, in Roundstone Street, before his last shift on Friday.
He said: “I’m planning on taking it easy for a little while and I won’t particularly miss the bad weather and the early mornings.
“But I will miss the people I’ve got to know over the years, who I’ve delivered to and worked with. I’m an old-school type of postie. I like to build communications with people on my rounds and I’ve got to know a lot of people over the years.”
Tottenham Hotspur fan Mr Stevenson said one thing he would really miss was discussing football with colleagues.
Mr Stevenson, originally from Devizes, said: “I’ll really going to miss the office banter about the football; it’s always good winding up the Arsenal fans, especially on weeks like this when Spurs have squeezed through in Europe and Arsenal were knocked out.”
Colleagues held a collection for the retiring postie and brought in dozens of doughnuts.
Mr Stevenson gave workmates a giant coffee cake, made for him by a resident from his rounds.
Mr Stevenson’s manager, Joe Newman, said: “He’s a bit of a character.
“We’ve had some good times together and we are very sad to see him go. He’ll be greatly missed.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
First-class send-off for popular Trowbridge postie
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
First-class send-off for popular Trowbridge postie
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: First-class send-off for popular Trowbridge postie
Did he get breakfast? 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
parcelboy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: First-class send-off for popular Trowbridge postie
Thats how and when F/T should be replaced by normal retirement .Not forced out by bullies hang your head in shame RM.Hopefully the public will get to know sooner rather than later why this Goverment brought in Moya the destroyer .Enjoy your retirement Henry good luck and best
wishes .