http://www.eastkilbridenews.co.uk/lanar ... -33020980/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A motion has been launched in parliament slamming proposals which could see the closure of East Kilbride Post Office.
As reported in the News last week, Post Office staff, who are part of the Communications Workers Union (CWU), voted for strike action over plans to franchise Crown Post Offices and place them in retail premises.
East Kilbride is one of five Scottish post offices under threat and the town’s MSP Linda Fabiani has met with senior management at the Scottish Parliament. She co-signed a motion condemning the planned closure of the Crown Post Offices and called for plans to be dropped.
The motion describes the plans as “potentially dismantling part of the established post office network, which may result in a loss of service for the public”.
It also raises concerns regarding the continued employment of post office staff and the damaging effects on the already fragile town centres and high streets.
The MSP said: “I am obviously very concerned about the effect any changes to the Crown Post Offices will have to the people living and working in our constituencies.
“It appears that the Post Office are looking at options that would see the Post Offices remain, but operating within a retail premise.
“I was happy to co-sign a recent motion with Jamie Hepburn MSP and I am pleased to say we have secured a members’ debate due to be held in April. Any constituents with concerns should get in touch with my office in order that I can present the views of East Kilbride to the Scottish Parliament in the Debate.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fabiani slams Post Office plans
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Fabiani slams Post Office plans
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.