ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Employee Survey 2013 starts today
-
1984
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 17 Feb 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
Put it in the envelope and stick it in the forwards frame. Or in a postbox
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12208
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
Complete waste of time, nothing ever gets done about anything raised in them. They may as well save a few trees and not print something which to be frank a load of bullsh*t
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
DOM tried to get posties to fill in the survey at WTL today, most refused to even look at it.
He even pleaded with us to at least take it off him and send it back not filled in which we also refused.
Think he had half a dozen back out of 50.
Never seen the DOM so worried , wonder if they are getting pressure from above to get them filled in
He even pleaded with us to at least take it off him and send it back not filled in which we also refused.
Think he had half a dozen back out of 50.
Never seen the DOM so worried , wonder if they are getting pressure from above to get them filled in
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
filled ours in this morning,,,,,,had to use alot of the tick boxes to the right of centre 
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
I am as cynical as the rest as to whether the papers are looked at properly and recorded thus.
I know we feel nothing comes out of our form filling, we should still do it because it is supposed to
be an independent company gathering results, so the more negative response the better from more people,maybe backing up the rather lack luster B/H campaign?
I know we feel nothing comes out of our form filling, we should still do it because it is supposed to
be an independent company gathering results, so the more negative response the better from more people,maybe backing up the rather lack luster B/H campaign?
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
Fishyfingers
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
- Location: Highland
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
We never got our results from last year,got told they had been lost in the post.When it was pointed out that they had been sent special delivery and had been signed for it turned into been misplaced,so a on-line form would be better.
-
everydayvalue
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 10 Mar 2013, 13:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
We've been bribed with having names put into a draw for a day's holiday if we complete and return to manager.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
Same in my office , also had a joint delegation of area rep ,health and safety rep ,DSM ,DOM and a planner telling us how things have changed for the better since last year's disastrous results from the employee survey , got the impression they were shiting themselveseverydayvalue wrote:We've been bribed with having names put into a draw for a day's holiday if we complete and return to manager.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
We was even bribed with bacon rolls if we filled them in
He ended up throwing most of them away
He ended up throwing most of them away
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
I went to fill mine in earlier and had second thoughts as they are numbered and they know who you are as the manager ticked them off in order he gave them out, be careful guys!
-
Kindred
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 12:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
Just wondering about this survey.
We were also told today that we will fill them in during wtl, then they will all be sent together in Special Delivery envelope.
The thing is that everyone will be under pressure to get it filled in so they can finish prepping and get out and get back early/on time.
If I fill it in, I want to do it in my own time so I can give it a considered reply.
Is it mandatory to fill it in?
Can I insist I take it home to fill in?
We were also told today that we will fill them in during wtl, then they will all be sent together in Special Delivery envelope.
The thing is that everyone will be under pressure to get it filled in so they can finish prepping and get out and get back early/on time.
If I fill it in, I want to do it in my own time so I can give it a considered reply.
Is it mandatory to fill it in?
Can I insist I take it home to fill in?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2060
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
Our Manager said just fill them in and give Me them back
.... No chance!!
Its not that We think He would open any and look at them of course
Its not that We think He would open any and look at them of course
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
It is not mandatory to fill them in and you can fill them in at home and post them in a pillar box if you so wishKindred wrote:Just wondering about this survey.
We were also told today that we will fill them in during wtl, then they will all be sent together in Special Delivery envelope.
The thing is that everyone will be under pressure to get it filled in so they can finish prepping and get out and get back early/on time.
If I fill it in, I want to do it in my own time so I can give it a considered reply.
Is it mandatory to fill it in?
Can I insist I take it home to fill in?
-
Kindred
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 12:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
Thank youP13 wrote:It is not mandatory to fill them in and you can fill them in at home and post them in a pillar box if you so wishKindred wrote:Just wondering about this survey.
We were also told today that we will fill them in during wtl, then they will all be sent together in Special Delivery envelope.
The thing is that everyone will be under pressure to get it filled in so they can finish prepping and get out and get back early/on time.
If I fill it in, I want to do it in my own time so I can give it a considered reply.
Is it mandatory to fill it in?
Can I insist I take it home to fill in?
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Employee Survey 2013 starts today
It is our preference for the surveys to be sent back in bulk by managers as this makes it easier to track the returns of the surveys – and hopefully means we get them back a bit quicker too in order to process them. However if employees wish they can send them back separately using the pre-paid envelope instead, that is completely fine – it’s just not our primary choice.
Hope this helps, Ipsos MORI
From the horses mouth comes directly the answer.
Two questions that I would be asking any DOM. 1 - Is the completion of these Employee Opinion Surveys (MANDATORY) yes or no (and if they indicate yes ask where it states that it is so). 2 - As Ipsos MORI have already expressed an opinion (although not their primary choice) in that it is completely fine if employees wish, they can send them back seperately using the pre-paid envelope then they should be allowed to do so as is their right.
Hope this helps, Ipsos MORI
From the horses mouth comes directly the answer.
Two questions that I would be asking any DOM. 1 - Is the completion of these Employee Opinion Surveys (MANDATORY) yes or no (and if they indicate yes ask where it states that it is so). 2 - As Ipsos MORI have already expressed an opinion (although not their primary choice) in that it is completely fine if employees wish, they can send them back seperately using the pre-paid envelope then they should be allowed to do so as is their right.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."