ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anybody good at calculating odds?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Anybody good at calculating odds?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

paulsmd wrote:Get a life.
So because he gets enjoyment from a hobby you find uninteresting you believe his life is less meaningful than yours.

If it was a joke it was an extremely bad one - as is every joke that belittles another person.

If you are being serious then I am sorry but that kind of comment is not welcome on here, at least by me.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Anybody good at calculating odds?

Post by Brainache »

I would say that the odds were a dead cert. If I look out of my window and look at the next car that drives past.........blue escort,
and then say "what are the chances of that car being a blue escort ? Calculating odds is about something that hasnt happened yet.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: Anybody good at calculating odds?

Post by flaminmoses »

no way to calculate that because we dont have figures on how long it takes for a person to get to the callers office etc ...queue and other factors.

sorry to be boring but i deal in other forms of calculating odds on the football and gee gees....and as you know a lot of that is down to perception of value.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Anybody good at calculating odds?

Post by Brainache »

Silly Sarah wrote:And the point of this post is? ....oh there isn't one
"paulsmd wrote:
Get a life.


Silly Sarah and paulsmd toss a coin - after 10 tosses, tails wins 10 times. What are the odds of the next two tosses being tails ?

Dont ask Silly Sarah and paulsmd because they dont see the point of thinking :cuppa .
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: Anybody good at calculating odds?

Post by steve1873 »

Thinking bit more about this again.

There are approximately 12,600 seconds, while I am on delivery.

Given that the call was a cert so isn't seen as a variable, I would say the chance of the call coming at the EXACT second I am knocking at the door around 12,600 - 1. Or if we give a second +\- either side of that it would still be around 4000 - 1.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Anybody good at calculating odds?

Post by POSTMAN »

Ok I need help now,what are the odds...
All day waiting for a phone call on my mob,no joy,got in took coat and shoes off,kissed the wife,squeezed her arse,put the kettle on...
"Well did they ring" she said
"Nope" I replied....and then my phone rang...it was the call I was waiting for. :crazy:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.