ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pens!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Pens!!!

Post by postypie »

Jpro747 wrote:I think since I started as a postie 3 months ago I've nearly gone through 100 biro pens supplied by the office, typically the ink explodes in my pockets while out on delivery and then they run out of ink!! makes me wonder if i should just use a pencil... :hmmmm
Sounds like you need a pen friend.
Agree pens supplied by manager are useless and leak like hell...usually in my pockets....i tend to spend a couple of £ on a good quality one nowadays..usually lasts a few months...
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Pens!!!

Post by TheCobra »

fishtank wrote:
TheCobra wrote: clips onto my pants so I very rarely lose them.
The pants? :shock:
Well you never know where you might leave them....
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Pens!!!

Post by Wessex »

I'm with Teebs ,bookies' pens were my friend, the PO pens were not fit for purpose.I did have a Mitsubishi pen which would write on wet paper , they are a bit pricey but very stylish.
Vespacol
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Kettering

Re: Pens!!!

Post by Vespacol »

Pens !! I always , well i learnt to take more than one with me , after them even exploding or running out , :shock:
when i first started the pen i had exploded , and every parcel i had to knock the door for , i asked to borrow a pen :oops: i was lucky they were in , one customer in the end said 'keep it m8 ' i though 'hurray saved :Very Happy ' but that very pen he gave me ran out of ink also on the same street !! ' a victor meldrew moment '

So from that day onwards i always carried more than 3 :cool
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: Pens!!!

Post by da'bunny »

I always use my own pens as i prefer the "clicky" ones rather than ones with lids. I get through quite a few but never seem to need to buy any more as theres always seems to be a supply of pens about in my house !
I also carry the "emergency pencil" ! As the pens never write once the 739's or signed for book has got wet in the rain :roll:
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.