I'm with you on that,f--king things.DirtyHarry wrote:Oh, please God.....Let that be true for once.Senior Service wrote:Look on the bright side at least door to doors are forcast to decline in the future.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
DirtyHarry wrote:Oh, please God.....Let that be true for once.Senior Service wrote:Look on the bright side at least door to doors are forcast to decline in the future.
I will 'Amen' to that one!
-
Jambomatt1874
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
We're xpected to start from the beginning of our walk and start again if we've got surplus by order of the most obnoxious manager ever
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
Same here, but I always give extra D2D's to peeps who I don't like or who complain about them. Thats what I call job satisfactionJambomatt1874 wrote:We're xpected to start from the beginning of our walk and start again if we've got surplus by order of the most obnoxious manager ever
-
Jambomatt1874
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
Maybe they should be sorting out how they're counted in the first place instead of worrying bout how many we've delivered
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
I really hope you are joking and I think you are. However, if you ain't now they are classed a live mail it could be a sacking offence.justdeno wrote:Same here, but I always give extra D2D's to peeps who I don't like or who complain about them. Thats what I call job satisfactionJambomatt1874 wrote:We're xpected to start from the beginning of our walk and start again if we've got surplus by order of the most obnoxious manager ever
I do them as per, and if ANYONE gave me their excess I would report it simple as. They are trying to get me blamed and If I am I will be sacked. Try and stab me in the back - I'll punch you in the face (figuratively speaking) nice open and honest.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
seen excess d2d,s being returned to do,s today from mc so watch out think a big clampdown is on. then again its up to your dom why they are being returned so watch out people. he,ll look after himself 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
I expect a badly organised Manager would like to have all the "Households" sorted on a Monday, then he's got all week to get his returns in. We've also been told he's only "Allowed" to return 1%.
We have to report how many of each "Household" we have left and he get's a right strop on if you've got a load left. Looks at you as if you haven't been delivering them. I'm sure he would prefer if everyone did as a few individuals do, and bin loads of them in dustbins as they're going around!
Then he wouldn't have to do any paperwork. I don't believe some duties are getting the correct amount...but if the Duty Holder isn't delivering them, and he gets no feed back, then nothing's going to be corrected is it?
Getting his returns in early also means he doesn't have to worry about being in the Office on Friday & Saturday as well!
On a personal note if I've got the time I'd prefer to throw them all off and just take them where I'm going.....just to avoid walking up some massive drive with "Households" only.
Don't you just love covering a Duty on a Saturday (normally light) and discover the Duty Holder's left you a section of well-spread out addresses that don't get any mail and all need their "Households" delivered that day? 
We have to report how many of each "Household" we have left and he get's a right strop on if you've got a load left. Looks at you as if you haven't been delivering them. I'm sure he would prefer if everyone did as a few individuals do, and bin loads of them in dustbins as they're going around!
Getting his returns in early also means he doesn't have to worry about being in the Office on Friday & Saturday as well!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
Don't they work the correct ammount for your round from the A+?
If that's not updated or 'sh*t in sh*t out' (straight from the planners guide book!) then you won't get the right ammount.
Do they round numbers up?
So say you have 560 calls, do they then set you 600? Meaning you have to explain the eccess?
If that's not updated or 'sh*t in sh*t out' (straight from the planners guide book!) then you won't get the right ammount.
Do they round numbers up?
So say you have 560 calls, do they then set you 600? Meaning you have to explain the eccess?
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
Yes, they do round up! The figures have never been accurate - exemptions are not even taken account of...
Our manager, told us in WTL that we should now try to give the correct figures so that they can make the adjustments. But I don't believe they will do that. Sometimes, d2ds are mixed up in a box for more than 1 walk
Our manager, told us in WTL that we should now try to give the correct figures so that they can make the adjustments. But I don't believe they will do that. Sometimes, d2ds are mixed up in a box for more than 1 walk
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
chrisj wrote:Yes, they do round up! The figures have never been accurate - exemptions are not even taken account of...
Our manager, told us in WTL that we should now try to give the correct figures so that they can make the adjustments. But I don't believe they will do that. Sometimes, d2ds are mixed up in a box for more than 1 walk
That's their job, we haven't got time to scratch our ass'es now.
We deliver them, they get the ammount right, simple.
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
This week my D2Ds will be, 4 over on one contact, 3 over on another, 9 over on another and 18 short on the last one.........good job the numbers they send are right on the mark 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
d2d's are not counted it is done by weight, that is why they are never right
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
I know but it's going to be difficult to discipline anybody for giving them back although..............it's RM and they do tend to do whatever they wanteastie wrote:d2d's are not counted it is done by weight, that is why they are never right
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: 1/6th Door2Doors A Day ???
They aren't looking for people handing half a dozen or a dozen back or even 20-30.DGP1 wrote:I know but it's going to be difficult to discipline anybody for giving them back although..............it's RM and they do tend to do whatever they wanteastie wrote:d2d's are not counted it is done by weight, that is why they are never right
They are looking for the kind of people who rip the label off the boxes and stick it on a york in the corner of the D.O. or dump it under some other poor bugger's frame or at the local recycling centre..
It's easier to monitor that if you have some control over how the D2D should be delivered...i.e. 1/6th or one column per day.
That way you can walk round an office and see straight away who's doing them and who isn't.
Of course if your manager is the kind of knobend that prefers to sit on his arse all morning with his feet up on the desk the whole process is a waste of time and you'll end up with the excess being stuffed back in any old frame the following monday.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share