ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Closure threat is no surprise, the Branch PO is badly run

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Closure threat is no surprise, the Branch PO is badly run

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Closure threat is no surprise, the post office is badly run

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/le ... -1-4835835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a retired ex post office counters manager (formerly post master) and a resident in the Boston area for seven years, I was not surprised to read your headline concerning the proposed closure of the Wide Bargate branch.

Customers have deserted this branch due to its poor customer service and queues. On the occassions that I am forced to use this office, one often has to double queue to obtain services, ie., first day covers and lottery. Lack of stock at the counter means endless visits to the ‘back room’ to obtain basic items.

I have completed many on-line surveys on the post office website but no action is taken. The revamp a couple of years ago did nothing to improve the customer experience.

I have been shocked at the way this office is operated, in my day this poor customer service would never have been allowed. The possible re-location to alternative premises is unlikely.

Other towns and cities have moved the post office service within a W. H. Smith or Co-Op branch, as the above stores in Boston are small, neither would be able to cope with footfall.

I am sorry to say, the management are to blame for this loss making branch.

Anonymous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Closure threat is no surprise, the Branch PO is badly r

Post by General Mannerheim »

Hello again Mr Anon!
Can you also say what a resounding success the Park and Loop is in your area.
Love RM.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.