ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Western Isles MP meets with Post Office Ltd

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Western Isles MP meets with Post Office Ltd

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.stornowaygazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-2819415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Western Isles MP, Angus Brendan MacNeil has been the first MP to meet with the Post Office Ltd following the announcement that they are looking to find retail partners for 70 of their Crown Post Offices.

The Stornoway branch has been identified as a branch that could be potentially partnered with a retailer.

Mr MacNeil said: “I understand that there are only 25 Crown Post Offices (CPOs) in Scotland, one of them in the Western Isles (Stornoway) out of the 373 in the UK (including Scotland).

“This represents 6.7% of the UK total. Therefore, it is well below of the percentage of the Scottish population over the UK total (which is 8.38% according to the last census).

“The Crown Post Office in Stornoway is an important part of the town centre and I made it clear at the meeting that the Stornoway branch must remain within the town centre.

“I also stressed the importance of ensuring that the Crown Post Office in Stornoway should retain all the services it currently offers and enhanced, if possible.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.