ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

we lose colleague shares!managers get increased bonus??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: we lose colleague shares!managers get increased bonus??

Post by DB1100 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DB1100 wrote: What I am saying is that the supplement should only be for outdoor delivery work,is it right that the P.H.G gets the full supplement but never delivers any,I don't think so.
I would tend to agree with the PHG indoor worker position, I think perhaps there should be different supplements for indoor work (callers office getting more than we do, locker staff less perhaps), but so far you've based your position on FT/PT - not on the content of the work undertaken. Thats why I keep saying we need to argue from facts and not from perception.

Your argument which gets a lot of sympathy from me and probably most delivery staff is that the physical aspect of delivery work should be recognised more than its is. It shouldn't be based on the hours they do (apart from fixing an hourly rate) but on whether they physically do any delivery work.

Even that causes problems, but these would be easily sorted if we could get our heads round how the delivery supplement works now. If works now by paying everyone the same hourly rate when they work in the Delivery Sector of Royal Mail Letters.
O.k,I just wish that this was explained better at the time.It wouldn't have broke the bank to give all delivery workers the same supplements,but then that might have had the f/timers upset saying they deserve more.I agree with the callers office getting a bit more,it's a horrible job sometimes.Have a good weekend or what is left of it.
For we were soldiers once,and young