ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mobile
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
very true ! :) screw em all then !
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Mobile
"Sorry, your door is locked and I am unable to get to your telephone".
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Mobile
I don't have a mobile.............at least that's my excuse 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Mobile
+1Postie45 wrote:if i knew and got on with the customer well enough i probably would call and they could come find me on the delivery and pick up the parcel.
(So that's two community-minded posties left in this country ...)
... and b*ll*x to that as well ...Sidley wrote:Tut tut, no handing mail to punters in the street. Asking for trouble if you're found out.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
Dont remember ringing people who are out is added to the timings of loops
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Mobile
I had a boss tell me a couple of years ago that I was REQUIRED to use my phone for business purposes, and if I refused I would be disciplined.
I refused. They tried the usual threats, compulsory transfer, removal from duty
,told them that if they wanted me to ring they have to provide me with the means to do so. They said use a phonebox
, told them to get me a list of where I could find them, which confused them. They also said I could try knocking on peoples doors and asking them if I could use the phone. Again said no, why should private householders be inconvenienced because Royal Mail are too cheap to provide their staff with the means to do their jobs?
Nothing came of it. Somebody along the line must have pointed out the obvious flaw of the instruction. Or they couldn't find any part of the conduct code that they could apply.
I refused. They tried the usual threats, compulsory transfer, removal from duty
Nothing came of it. Somebody along the line must have pointed out the obvious flaw of the instruction. Or they couldn't find any part of the conduct code that they could apply.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
PDA has a phone built into it, but can calls be made from it? I once received a call on mine but it was a wrong number!
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
apparantly I rang the emergency service on mine once
-
Twitch
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 18 Jan 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: Middle Earth
Re: Mobile
Came across this today, had a recorded for flat 3 ???
lol
lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
If the customer was a nice 20 or 30 something female, then I'd give her a call no problem.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
As did my PDA once, despite the fact it was locked.eastie wrote:apparantly I rang the emergency service on mine once
The machine stops.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Mobile
ripio wrote:PDA has a phone built into it, but can calls be made from it? I once received a call on mine but it was a wrong number!
In theory, yes. But you can only ring pre-programmed numbers on them. I think the PDA's in my unit have some numbers in them, like the RAC and Prio locker. I did try the other day to phone the office on it but it just terminated the attempt. It would be too sensible and logical for RM to programme the number of the office at which the PDA is based, to allow staff to have a means of contact.
Of course, there is the very real probability that making it possible for us to use the them as a phone has been thought of by someone in RM management (unlikely, but possible), but it was probably rejected on grounds of the inevitable increased cost, and the fact they just expect us to use our own personal mobiles.
Or it just could be a massive oversight by the unintelligent management we have.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Mobile
wouldn't be very reliable as phones, batteries seem to die all the time and some vans don't have cradles sometimes.UnhappyGremlin wrote:ripio wrote:PDA has a phone built into it, but can calls be made from it? I once received a call on mine but it was a wrong number!
In theory, yes. But you can only ring pre-programmed numbers on them. I think the PDA's in my unit have some numbers in them, like the RAC and Prio locker. I did try the other day to phone the office on it but it just terminated the attempt. It would be too sensible and logical for RM to programme the number of the office at which the PDA is based, to allow staff to have a means of contact.![]()
Of course, there is the very real probability that making it possible for us to use the them as a phone has been thought of by someone in RM management (unlikely, but possible), but it was probably rejected on grounds of the inevitable increased cost, and the fact they just expect us to use our own personal mobiles.
Or it just could be a massive oversight by the unintelligent management we have.
Are they safe anyway? Boffins aren't even sure 100% if mobiles are safe for you, these PDA's have a much stronger signal don't they?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Mobile
Well, motch, there not reliable as PDA's either, very few of the vans in our office have working cradles, I have driven about 6 different vans in the last 2 weeks and none had a working cradle.
Not heard about them having a stronger signal than normal mobiles though, that's new on me. Might try having a week off sick with it though.
See if I can get away with it.
Not heard about them having a stronger signal than normal mobiles though, that's new on me. Might try having a week off sick with it though.
See if I can get away with it.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Mobile
Royal Mail dont supply me with a phone to use. Also anyone could of stuck that note on someones door. Think security =D and in short eff off! =)
Toon Army!