plus 1TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am one of the strange posties that see D2Ds as a good idea in principle for the business, but accept that RMs systems (operational, quality control, managerial) and agreements could be a lot better than they actually are.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Posting pointless shite
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite
Yes it did.Mr Blonde wrote:I'm happy to be paid for it, but it's just shite. It didn't used to be.
It was just a different kind of pointless shite.
Bank statements that were 6 weeks out of date,Britannia Music cassettes/book of the month club that people hadn't ordered,"for information only" gas and electric bills for people who had pre-paid meters,Everest double glazing,pay slips that no-one ever opened,those big stupid cable tv mags...the list is endless.
We had mountains of MS3 back in the day and it was 90% shite.
The biggest difference now is that years ago when an advertiser or company sent out a mailing it would come in a plain white envelope with a stamp on it.It looked like "real" mail but inside it wasn't any different to the advertising mail we get today.
Reader's Digest started this trend of covering the envelope in branding and nonsense and they used to send out far more crap than they do today.
Advertising mail is just more blatant than it used to be.
The idea that were were ever delivering just letters from Granny Smith is a rather nostalgic rewriting of history.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
superports
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite
Does anyone remember the postie who told all his customers they could opt out of d2d? I think RM tried to sack him, but think they couldn't.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite
So doing the math there if you are only going to one house in five then realistically you only need 1 postie in 5? yes its a bit extreme so lets call it 1 in 4 so thats three quarters of your office getting laid off then? i'll keep the shite thanks and if you dont want it send it our wayMr Blonde wrote:That's all we seemed to do today, households and stuff from Go Outdoors. If we didn't have the latter we'd have gone to one house in five.
It's really telling how year upon year we are just handling absolute shite.
I'd love to do a delivery with just stuff that people want on just to see how proper mail really has gone down.
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Posting pointless shite
Another one who doesn't get it?
We ate living a lie if we think that all the pointless shite is worth the effort. God bless the knackered old posties who are wearing out their joints day after day day posting unwanted crap through people's doors.
We ate living a lie if we think that all the pointless shite is worth the effort. God bless the knackered old posties who are wearing out their joints day after day day posting unwanted crap through people's doors.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Posting pointless shite
The worst shite is those BDA Dentist magazines.
They are far too big and there is nothing worse than having a Mr and Mrs Dentist on your round and they get one each.
In fact, despite being an incurable romantic at heart, I had to smile when Mr Dentist moved out of the family home.
I know it was devastating for Mrs Dentist and the kids, but I only had to deliver one of those shite mags and briefly had the pleasure of redirecting the other one.
They are far too big and there is nothing worse than having a Mr and Mrs Dentist on your round and they get one each.
In fact, despite being an incurable romantic at heart, I had to smile when Mr Dentist moved out of the family home.
I know it was devastating for Mrs Dentist and the kids, but I only had to deliver one of those shite mags and briefly had the pleasure of redirecting the other one.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Posting pointless shite
I don't post pointless shite............I just post shite, I'm being paid for it so I really don't care.
If people want a more fulfilling job then maybe they could get one that doesn't involve doing crappy things, that you don't like for day after day (which sounds like every job I've had).
If people want a more fulfilling job then maybe they could get one that doesn't involve doing crappy things, that you don't like for day after day (which sounds like every job I've had).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Posting pointless shite
Roger Anniessuperports wrote:Does anyone remember the postie who told all his customers they could opt out of d2d? I think RM tried to sack him, but think they couldn't.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5294708.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - The orginal story
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ies#p17738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - His retirement
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... es#p221532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - His comeback at Royal Mail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite
Mr Blonde wrote:Another one who doesn't get it?
We ate living a lie if we think that all the pointless shite is worth the effort. God bless the knackered old posties who are wearing out their joints day after day day posting unwanted crap through people's doors.
The postie in question has to keep walking so as to not bang his head on the gun thats pressed against it......
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Posting pointless shite
I deliver 1-2 pizza leaflets every week, it just gets to me after a bit. If it rains, they turn to mush, if it's windy they flap about, even on a normal day they get in the way of all my mail and increase the chances of mistakes.
I do accept though, it's a well-paid job for basically delivering mountains of crap. For that reason, I stay for now!
I do accept though, it's a well-paid job for basically delivering mountains of crap. For that reason, I stay for now!