ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bexhil palace
Posts: 505
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: All over the Gaff

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by bexhil palace »

I would talk to myself, but i'm an idiot, and i can't be bothered to talk to idiots.
gazzer
Posts: 134
Joined: 24 May 2007, 22:24

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by gazzer »

I talk to my P and L partner all the time so guess the answer to your question is YES I talk to myself all the time!!!!
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by jack »

cyberheater wrote:I find myself sometimes having a right old natter to myself when I'm delivering. Am I going mad :crazy:

No I talk to myself at home as well.. :crazy:
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Sidley »

Generally it's just a string of expletives and curses.
I then grade myself on novel combinations of the above.

Jesus f***ing Christ on a bastard crutch which window licking abortion leaves .....

Ooh nice one fat lad 7/10
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by cyberheater »

I like it when I'm talking to myself quite loudly ('cause I can't hear myself) and other folk look at me like I'm mad. Maybe they are right :Very Happy
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by pyphon »

Rather listen to my radio.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by TheCobra »

Worst one is when I think of a funny joke, or something funny that might have happened at the weekend or something, and start laughing to myself, then realise someone has noticed me laughing to myself uncontrollably. Yes, I truly am going insane.
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by anTi »

You have to remember that this job drives you slowly mad. Early starts (or at least they used to be early~) means sleep deprivation and the repetitive nature of the job = madness :crazy:
postiemids
Posts: 156
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 09:17
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by postiemids »

cyberheater wrote:I find myself sometimes having a right old natter to myself when I'm delivering. Am I going mad :crazy:
yeah i do even answer me self back lol
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by clashcityrocker »

I usually give a running commentary on the chess game I am playing in my head, where the left side of my brain is white and the right side is black.
Sometimes I play speed chess and even pretend to hit the clock between moves.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Barbel »

Yes all the time.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy Glad I'm not working any more, but yes, I often found when I was approaching a not very nice persons house, uttering all sorts of curses under my breath!
Listonosz
Posts: 49
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Listonosz »

Yes but I talk to myself in Polish so anyone listening would just think I'm crazy
Vespacol
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Kettering

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by Vespacol »

I used to curse out loud a bundle with d2ds in it , as it would be my main cause of making a mistake or putting me out of my rythem :arrrghhh
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Do you talk to yourself when out on delivery?

Post by BingBong »

No but I often stop and stroke cats and say hello. Lol. Sooths the mind. =/
Toon Army!