I would have refused but it was fine when I left the DO. It was only when I'd walked nearly 2 miles that it started playing up and I didn't have any phone numbers either so couldn't contact anyone. I wasn't given any advice before I left as to what I should do if I go over my time re the mail. I was just given a copy of a map of the area and left to it. I felt like crying when that trolley started playing up, let's hope tomorrow's a better day.Lincox wrote:You should have refused to use the trolley for health and safety reasons. Had your trolley caused an accident either to you or a member of the public, your line manager would have taken you down the disciplinary line. Do not under any circumstances agree to take out equipment that is not fit for the job specified, or is not in mechanical order.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bringing mail back to the office
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
-
Regal
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
Well its proper stressful trying to tell the manager you cant do the round on time and youll need to cut off and drop some loops.
Ive tried it and got nothing but grief grief grief,,even the union rep lost his cool at how much crap the managers were talking, such as wilful delay of mail, being agressive and unreasonable, lying etc etc..
Ive said i wont work over 3pm, my finish time, bollocks to ya,,,but is it work going over all that shite again? i dunno!
I have to prep two rounds, organize them both, look after the packets tidy everything up all cos my work partner is abit mentally slow and couldnt do nowt on his own!!
Grr stressful days!
Ive tried it and got nothing but grief grief grief,,even the union rep lost his cool at how much crap the managers were talking, such as wilful delay of mail, being agressive and unreasonable, lying etc etc..
Ive said i wont work over 3pm, my finish time, bollocks to ya,,,but is it work going over all that shite again? i dunno!
I have to prep two rounds, organize them both, look after the packets tidy everything up all cos my work partner is abit mentally slow and couldnt do nowt on his own!!
Grr stressful days!
Tomorrow Never Knows
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
Phew luckily didn't get into trouble for bringing it back in the end. I did get sent home though as it is my day off but nobody told me, not that I'm complaining! 
-
SP115
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Location: Location
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
Barbel wrote: I did get sent home though as it is my day off but nobody told me, not that I'm complaining!
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
We were told today that we can only bring mail back during the 6 week bed in period of the revision. After that whatever we take out we MUST deliver even if it means going over our time. I had a scenario today where i knew i wouldn't complete due to the sheer volume of packets. The lino told me to leave in what i couldn't do. As it was only the second time since the revision that i have done the walk i had no idea. Was basically told tough. In the end he took 6 packets off me. Still went over my time by 40 minutes
The vibe i get from my office is that if you leave too much and finish 1 minute before your finish time then you will be conducted. Take too much and you MUST complete even if it means going over your time.
I wish there was a clear concise procedure on cutting off as the guides i've seem on here can be confusing and seem to be disregarded by the managers.
The vibe i get from my office is that if you leave too much and finish 1 minute before your finish time then you will be conducted. Take too much and you MUST complete even if it means going over your time.
I wish there was a clear concise procedure on cutting off as the guides i've seem on here can be confusing and seem to be disregarded by the managers.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
The best method for me is what you think you're gonna cut off with PLUS one loop. Remember you can always slow down but you cannot (safely) speed up. People may think you are a chancer, but why should you be expected to accurately PREDICT THE FUTURE?bobthepostie wrote:We were told today that we can only bring mail back during the 6 week bed in period of the revision. After that whatever we take out we MUST deliver even if it means going over our time. I had a scenario today where i knew i wouldn't complete due to the sheer volume of packets. The lino told me to leave in what i couldn't do. As it was only the second time since the revision that i have done the walk i had no idea. Was basically told tough. In the end he took 6 packets off me. Still went over my time by 40 minutes![]()
The vibe i get from my office is that if you leave too much and finish 1 minute before your finish time then you will be conducted. Take too much and you MUST complete even if it means going over your time.
I wish there was a clear concise procedure on cutting off as the guides i've seem on here can be confusing and seem to be disregarded by the managers.
-
marlboroman
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 22:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
I would be less than happy to get up for work and get sent home because a manager cant sort his rota out. Its not good enough bet it never happens to them.Barbel wrote:Phew luckily didn't get into trouble for bringing it back in the end. I did get sent home though as it is my day off but nobody told me, not that I'm complaining!
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
How can you predict how many 739's you will write out .
Tell the DOM if Georoute cant work out how long the round takes how can I
Tell the DOM if Georoute cant work out how long the round takes how can I
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
You guys need to get the rep to get the area rep down at your place asap,to get it sorted as most that you have posted is bollocks.bobthepostie wrote:We were told today that we can only bring mail back during the 6 week bed in period of the revision. After that whatever we take out we MUST deliver even if it means going over our time. I had a scenario today where i knew i wouldn't complete due to the sheer volume of packets. The lino told me to leave in what i couldn't do. As it was only the second time since the revision that i have done the walk i had no idea. Was basically told tough. In the end he took 6 packets off me. Still went over my time by 40 minutes![]()
The vibe i get from my office is that if you leave too much and finish 1 minute before your finish time then you will be conducted. Take too much and you MUST complete even if it means going over your time.
I wish there was a clear concise procedure on cutting off as the guides i've seem on here can be confusing and seem to be disregarded by the managers.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
If you have to cut off, let the manager work out what you have to leave. That's his job. If you still don't have enough time bring it back.
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
From what i read on here i would agree. The rep we have is fairly new and to be honest i don't think he is entirely sure but he's not one of the managers pets that's for sure i just genuinely think he doesn't know. The area rep unfortunately has been mentioned by a few on here before as only caring what goes on in his own D.O.POSTMAN wrote:You guys need to get the rep to get the area rep down at your place asap,to get it sorted as most that you have posted is bollocks.bobthepostie wrote:We were told today that we can only bring mail back during the 6 week bed in period of the revision. After that whatever we take out we MUST deliver even if it means going over our time. I had a scenario today where i knew i wouldn't complete due to the sheer volume of packets. The lino told me to leave in what i couldn't do. As it was only the second time since the revision that i have done the walk i had no idea. Was basically told tough. In the end he took 6 packets off me. Still went over my time by 40 minutes![]()
The vibe i get from my office is that if you leave too much and finish 1 minute before your finish time then you will be conducted. Take too much and you MUST complete even if it means going over your time.
I wish there was a clear concise procedure on cutting off as the guides i've seem on here can be confusing and seem to be disregarded by the managers.
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Bringing mail back to the office
Well I will always work to my time and so will my partner.
Not a minute more or less from me.
It's the managers job to manage and it is their job to tell you how to proceed. You don't get paid to make decisions. Any threats etc slap in a grievance then go off sick with stress.
And best of all smile.
Managers hate happy militant posties

Not a minute more or less from me.
It's the managers job to manage and it is their job to tell you how to proceed. You don't get paid to make decisions. Any threats etc slap in a grievance then go off sick with stress.
And best of all smile.
Managers hate happy militant posties