ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Flex

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Flex

Post by fishtank »

spoodoo wrote:We got told last month tht if we don't agree to swings n roundabouts we will be takin bk to office to work or stay to our time,,,is that right?
Why not?
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
I wouldn't have a problem with it. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Flex

Post by spoodoo »

I've no prob with that ,but it has to apply to everyone ,,,,I thought there were no banking of hours agreement etc ,,this agreement etc is so vague it's doin ma head in !
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Flex

Post by clashcityrocker »

spoodoo wrote:I've no prob with that ,but it has to apply to everyone ,,,,I thought there were no banking of hours agreement etc ,,this agreement etc is so vague it's doin ma head in !
There is no banking of hours agreement.
There is an agreement that we will work all our paid hours.

Swings and roundabouts is too vague.
If I finish 5 minutes early on Tuesday, I don't mind working 5 minutes over on Friday.
If I finish an hour early on Tuesday I resent being told I have to work 30 minutes over on Thursday and Friday to make up for it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: Flex

Post by celerycelery »

clashcityrocker wrote:
spoodoo wrote:I've no prob with that ,but it has to apply to everyone ,,,,I thought there were no banking of hours agreement etc ,,this agreement etc is so vague it's doin ma head in !
There is no banking of hours agreement.
There is an agreement that we will work all our paid hours.

Swings and roundabouts is too vague.
If I finish 5 minutes early on Tuesday, I don't mind working 5 minutes over on Friday.
If I finish an hour early on Tuesday I resent being told I have to work 30 minutes over on Thursday and Friday to make up for it.
Have you been on the simulator course clashcityrocker? Because what you said above is exactly how they position flexibility aimed imo at managers depsite reps attending the courses as well. Plenty of quoting the 2007 agreement regarding flex and how staff should work the hours they are paid for. I agree we should work the hours we are paid for but rm should provide the work to do this. If they cannot then tough. One thing that pisses me right off is in 2007 we were finishing at a time when we could flex a bit but now they have pushed and pushed the finishing time back all staff with kids HAVE to be back on time.
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Flex

Post by spoodoo »

All staff with kids and those who have a life outside the r mail . Me personally my bodies in bits with years of this grind and needs all the recovery it can. I work to live not live to work