ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scam Mail Disgrace

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
postmule
Posts: 12
Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 12:38
Gender: Male

Scam Mail Disgrace

Post by postmule »

We are simply not facing how evil this scam mail racket is. It has been going on for years and I see no evidence of it changing. I still deliver loads of obvious scam mail and I hate to do it. Most of the recipients are elderly and vulnerable. These scams ruin peoples lives and drive many to suicide.
I am not exaggerating -see http://www.thinkjessica.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -look at all of the tabs.
Also see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-34qRa49oo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icra25wiTIc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.heatherwheeler.org.uk/blog/3153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/news/articles/110723.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail is complicit in this swindle. They own a 25% stake in the company Spring Global Mail that distributes this scam mail; see the BBC Watchdog video. I am not talking about normal door to door, scam mail is very different to advertising mail as it intends to defraud.
Royalmailchat and the unions should be shouting from the rooftops to stop this abuse.
Do we really wish to ignore the abuse of the vulnerable for the sake of business profit and job security?
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Scam Mail Disgrace

Post by DirtyHarry »

Has been a disgrace for years. Royal Mail could never plead ignorance of this issue. They are complicit with the scammers, no two ways about it.