There is to many yes men yet again lifting the bonnet and taking the clip off the battery so it won't affect their run around the walks, its basically the same guys that come in early and work their breaks..Postie45 wrote:with all the stoppages how do you finish your delivery in time ?
Im sure if it meant that deliveries weren`t getting completed and being cut off then management would take a more proactive stance on this.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
am I 'qualified' to lift the lid (on this can of worms) anyways..
it's surely not in my job description..
in fact I'm pretty sure it's in someone elses job description..
(and if I'm not presenting the correct form signed by the correct authority he wont be doing it anyway..) !!
it's surely not in my job description..
in fact I'm pretty sure it's in someone elses job description..
(and if I'm not presenting the correct form signed by the correct authority he wont be doing it anyway..) !!
-
SP115
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Location: Location
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
We have to take ours 3-4 junctions up the M1 once a week, Not going above 4th gear. I rev the bollocks off it :D
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
Thats a lot of diesel being burnt for someones f-ckup.SP115 wrote:We have to take ours 3-4 junctions up the M1 once a week, Not going above 4th gear. I rev the bollocks off it :D
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
I'
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
Seems to me someone has gone cheap bought a fleet of vans that are supposed to going on long distance most days and not around corners on average of 3 miles a day and messed up big time. It actually costs £650 to repair one van on Peugeot's website, that’s a lot of money and because of the mileage these vans are doing Peugeot won’t cover it in their warranty. The French are having a laugh now. 
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
There to small for our walks just shows what volume you carry. Lol.97gaz wrote:I've got the perfect solution. You can swap us for our Vauxhall combos. We've still got a couple with less than 100K on them. On some of them the doors don't fall off and the gear linkage problem probably wont bother you on park and loop as you only need 1st and 2nd anyway. Another couple of years and they'll be eligible for classic status and so Tax free.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
-
soltan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 12:34
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
If you have some a missort run that covers any kind of distance would the solution not be for a different van to be used for the trip everyday so all the vehicles get a decent run to clear the filters.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
Nearly the whole office now that drive these Peageot vans that are breaking down are lifting the bonnet taking the connection off the battery at every location that they stop! Union has not once intervened and told their members thy are doing wrong. It's not a case of the battery going flat in these vans but the vans are losing power while driving them. I think it's time the health and safety should be brought in......
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
If at any time I am told/asked to unclip the battery I will refuse, no training, H&S, plus if any damage is caused you will find you will be held liable and the manager will deny ever giving this instruction.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
ha ha ha... what a cock up! seen this months and months ago... only gunna get worse.
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Engine Fault on Peugeot vans.
Vans eh, soooo much more efficient and cost effective than bikes. 