RedBagMan wrote:I do love all this cr*p which includes phrases like "local agreement", "BT2010 agreement" ... in fact anything with the word "agreement" in it.
Have I actually "agreed" to anything (maybe by signing a contract, it's in the "small print" - a bit like PPI) ??
I think I've realised what's missing after all these years (OK 2.5 of the damn things)
A User Manual - so EVERYBODY knows EXACTLY what the score is ... not just for D2Ds, but for everything ... cutting off, docket, you name it - why the hell should any worker have to find out "the right way to do stuff" by trial and (more often) error - and a user manual that can be pulled out at any time to ensure that a postie is NOT being taken for a ride by management - witnesss the shambles of the docket over Christmas - this sort of stuff should be in black and white and legally binding on both sides
Wy can't they produce an employee handbook that states all processes and procedures and all rules etc... Most major companies have an employee handbook and I was quite surprised RM don't.
RedBagMan wrote:Have I actually "agreed" to anything (maybe by signing a contract, it's in the "small print" - a bit like PPI) ??
Yes, your employment contract mentions "collective agreements".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I thought all "Local agreements" were deemed null and void by the 2010 national agreement. ? Isn't that the point of having a national agreement, so that we all ( are supposed to ) work to the same rules and practices.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
My partner gives me d2ds in a bundle to put with the letters... So I have to first get the letter for a property and then rifle through some glossy d2ds (3-5 sometimes) to align with the letters and do that for several properties...
This might work for certain individuals but d2ds behind the mail for every property seem the most logical and easiest - no messing around and no possibility of dropping bundles with loads of very glossy and slippery d2ds.
With double slots, d2ds in first and and then letters either side of the d2ds - simples!
I still dont understand the people that say d2ds in the frame slows down the prep - if it does; it must be negligible. Furthermore, some of us has no choice - the d2ds are already put in by managers or opgs or others on reduced hours
I used to do a walk with more than 200 double slots (high rise buildings with some 50 properties each et all...) I would not want to carry d2ds around like suggested. I also think it is a sure way of some people avoiding doing the d2ds. It is not part of the mail, so can easily be ignored for properties without mail on the day. I have seen loads of d2ds in some vans.
perhaps, that is why RM does not want d2ds being put with mail at the doorstep???
Lateagainpostie wrote:
Do you have any confirmation of this, because our Union rep has told us the contrary !
• Whilst D2D workload will be planned on the basis of spreading it across six days a week delivery employees will have the ability to manage the delivery of the items themselves on the proviso that all items are delivered and the delivery specification is not compromised
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Lateagainpostie wrote:
Do you have any confirmation of this, because our Union rep has told us the contrary !
• Whilst D2D workload will be planned on the basis of spreading it across six days a week delivery employees will have the ability to manage the delivery of the items themselves on the proviso that all items are delivered and the delivery specification is not compromised
A lot of the blokes I work with dont do d2d's mon&tues but clear them wed,thurs & fri,the only problem with this is when they go sick mid week and none have been done.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
Lateagainpostie wrote:I thought all "Local agreements" were deemed null and void by the 2010 national agreement. ?
No, that is not correct.
In fact, well actually my opinion, the BT2010 agreement is based almost entirely on local arrangements, so rather than stopping all "Local Agreements" it actually reinforced their existence and lead to the current miasma of revisions we have.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
newtimes wrote:"miasma" had to google that one, every day is a school day on this forum.
Every time you see a word you don't know on this forum the definition will be some variation of "f**k up".
It's the most common term in Royal Mail,it stands to reason it will need the most descriptive words.
Just replace any complicated word with "f**k up" and you'll be fine.
As in the case of the above statement......actually reinforced their existence and lead to the current f**k up of revisions we have..
One sixth a day no more no less just do a sixth a day that's the agreement your not doing yourself or any one else any favours by doing it any other way and do them last
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off