ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
The ones that have the plastic extraction pipes from the tumble dryer/heating/whatever, coming out through their letter box leaving no room to put the letters through, meaning that you have to fold the letters widthways three or four times so you can squeeze them in the one inch gap that is left. If it keeps happening I might have to start putting letters inside the pipe (by accident of course).
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Hammering home on the bike Sat afternoon, hi-vis on top of RM cagoule, when I get cut-up by some twat in a mega Merc 4x4..
who hollers at me, I'm on the pavement by now, to 'Pull Over!. Pull Over!'.
When I told him to 'F*ck *ff' he totally lost it.. with Royal Mail! WTF!
If he ever does become a customer of mine I will be taking a dump on his step - promises
who hollers at me, I'm on the pavement by now, to 'Pull Over!. Pull Over!'.
When I told him to 'F*ck *ff' he totally lost it.. with Royal Mail! WTF!
If he ever does become a customer of mine I will be taking a dump on his step - promises
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
You just shout 'no, a coat' and then smile while they work out what you've just said to themchooch wrote:Hammering home on the bike Sat afternoon, hi-vis on top of RM cagoule, when I get cut-up by some twat in a mega Merc 4x4..
who hollers at me, I'm on the pavement by now, to 'Pull Over!. Pull Over!'.
When I told him to 'F*ck *ff' he totally lost it.. with Royal Mail! WTF!
If he ever does become a customer of mine I will be taking a dump on his step - promises
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
I've been getting this one a lot recently, I deliver letters to a house, then I'm 5 houses up the road and they come out shouting me.
"Yes?" I say as I impatiently walk back to them.
"Have you got anything else for me?" they ask.
"No".
"OK"
"Bye"
I walk away, cursing to myself and shaking my head.
"Yes?" I say as I impatiently walk back to them.
"Have you got anything else for me?" they ask.
"No".
"OK"
"Bye"
I walk away, cursing to myself and shaking my head.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Or endorse the letters as 'no access' as they forgo their mail for that day. I know you are intending well but it has been known for said customers to complain you have folded their mail and damaged it.monkeymutha wrote:The ones that have the plastic extraction pipes from the tumble dryer/heating/whatever, coming out through their letter box leaving no room to put the letters through, meaning that you have to fold the letters widthways three or four times so you can squeeze them in the one inch gap that is left. If it keeps happening I might have to start putting letters inside the pipe (by accident of course).
Endorse it, bring it back.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
But wouldn't the boss probably say 'can't you just knock', not understanding what a pain in the buttocks it is cause he's never done a delivery.Pat Ostman wrote: Or endorse the letters as 'no access' as they forgo their mail for that day. I know you are intending well but it has been known for said customers to complain you have folded their mail and damaged it.
Endorse it, bring it back.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
You are quite right but with the noise of the dryer they probably didn't hear you knock.monkeymutha wrote:But wouldn't the boss probably say 'can't you just knock', not understanding what a pain in the buttocks it is cause he's never done a delivery.Pat Ostman wrote: Or endorse the letters as 'no access' as they forgo their mail for that day. I know you are intending well but it has been known for said customers to complain you have folded their mail and damaged it.
Endorse it, bring it back.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Customers who don't know how to use a bin and like to live in their own filth, we all must have one or two on our round, their front yard usually looks like a rubbish dump. I mean fair enough if that's how they choose to live, but there's only so much crap i can walk though, and all so long i can hold my breath as i walk up to the letter box!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
One or two address
Try most of the delivery .
The worst is one where they have a low letterbox and they let their dog defecate wherever he wants. Once I refused to deliver because I would have had to get close to a fresh delivery of same.
Try most of the delivery .
The worst is one where they have a low letterbox and they let their dog defecate wherever he wants. Once I refused to deliver because I would have had to get close to a fresh delivery of same.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
chuzzwuzzer
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Customers who have just woken up and come to the door and try and open it. Dont know about everyone else but i always lock my door before i go to bed, so why would the f****r be open first thing in the morning !!!!
Or the ones who hunt around for a key.Feel like telling them when their house is on fire hope you can find the f***ing key quicker !
-
veryn
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
When you go up someones path and a dog comes out and barks at you, the owner comes out and takes mail off you ,dog still barking. When they don't bother to correct the dog or take it in, they just leave it barking at you.....i hate that
-
michael61
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 07 May 2012, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
they are called a..holes 
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
If I go up someones path and they let their dog out. I straight away back away to the gate. They either put their dog inside or come to the gate to collect their mail. I don't care if they say that their dog doesn't bite. What they really mean is that under normal circumstances, the dog won't bite them.veryn wrote:When you go up someones path and a dog comes out and barks at you, the owner comes out and takes mail off you ,dog still barking. When they don't bother to correct the dog or take it in, they just leave it barking at you.....i hate that
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
chuzzwuzzer wrote:Customers who have just woken up and come to the door and try and open it. Dont know about everyone else but i always lock my door before i go to bed, so why would the f****r be open first thing in the morning !!!!Or the ones who hunt around for a key.Feel like telling them when their house is on fire hope you can find the f***ing key quicker !
I know. It's like 2 in the afternoon and they come waddling down the stair like a drunk heifer with their stained pyjamas and then you have to wait 2 minutes until they finally find their keys or instruct you to go around the back.
And I know they don't work. But obviously spend half the night ordering crap on the internet. All paid by our taxes.
-
chuzzwuzzer
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
cyberheater wrote:chuzzwuzzer wrote:Customers who have just woken up and come to the door and try and open it. Dont know about everyone else but i always lock my door before i go to bed, so why would the f****r be open first thing in the morning !!!!Or the ones who hunt around for a key.Feel like telling them when their house is on fire hope you can find the f***ing key quicker !
I know. It's like 2 in the afternoon and they come waddling down the stair like a drunk heifer with their stained pyjamas and then you have to wait 2 minutes until they finally find their keys or instruct you to go around the back.
And I know they don't work. But obviously spend half the night ordering crap on the internet. All paid by our taxes.
Dont get me started on the stained pyjamas and dressing gowns .Now wheres that puking smilie