ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do you deal with your floaters mistakes?
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: How do you deal with your floaters mistakes?
That's 'cause you're good at taking one for the boys 
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
Toby Tyke
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06
Re: How do you deal with your floaters mistakes?
You should try doing a floater or rota mans duty before knocking them.
I did it for 2 years and got sh*t on regularly by the duty holders.
Always the largest loop of D2Ds left,van with no fuel in, yesterday's packets,piles of knockoffs etc. plus anything that goes wrong that week is always your fault.The list is endless.
On top of that you are at best trying to remember everything on a duty you only do one day a week.
Guy who covers my day off gets my help and respect as I know how difficult it is.
I drop the odd bollo*k so how can I expect someone who hardly knows the duty perform as well as me.
I did it for 2 years and got sh*t on regularly by the duty holders.
Always the largest loop of D2Ds left,van with no fuel in, yesterday's packets,piles of knockoffs etc. plus anything that goes wrong that week is always your fault.The list is endless.
On top of that you are at best trying to remember everything on a duty you only do one day a week.
Guy who covers my day off gets my help and respect as I know how difficult it is.
I drop the odd bollo*k so how can I expect someone who hardly knows the duty perform as well as me.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you deal with your floaters mistakes?
Pinky 1 wrote:That's 'cause you're good at taking one for the boys
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you deal with your floaters mistakes?
sorry i don't know i was off yesterday, it was my day off!DaveF14 wrote:Sorry Fish not getting you at all. If I get to a door and there is a letter hanging out or the customer runs out to you to complain. Yes you know it wasnt yourself but its the feeling of embarrassment and annoyed that your cover made the mistake before you and you are the one getting the grief, until you explain it wasnt yourself and that you will deal with the letter in question.fishtank wrote:You're not getting this Dave..DaveF14 wrote:If you are the customer and this happened to you, you wouldnt be annoyed by this? Come on. Your neighbour opens up your bank statement, at the end of your road the postie puts your football tickets into someone elses door and they are away for a few days? You wouldnt be pissed with your postie if this happened to you?
If the customer is pissed they complain...nothing to do with you.
That complaint is either acted on or not by management....nothing to do with you.
If they decide to act on it..it doesn't take long to find out which day it happened....nothing to do with you.
Then it's up to management to decide what to do about the floater...nothing to do with you.
You are not involved in this process at all..because it's ...nothing to do with you.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: How do you deal with your floaters mistakes?
Sorry, but that is insanity. Who is to say that an investigation by the IB wont take place and it is now a case of your word versus a colleagues if it gets to that stage. I would hate to be put in that position, but if I was there is no chance i would have just dumped the mail back into the system!tolkien wrote:came back yesterday looked in the back of the van found a bag with a coat in it on closer inspection found 2 large bundles off letter which he had left dated over a week ago , did the sensible thing and just put it back in the system , why drop a fellow worker in the s**t !!! although a lot of my fellow workers would have .