http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/story-17959 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN accused of stealing 8,000 parcels and £20,000 from the Royal Mail Group will not have his trial date set until next month.
Lee Holness, of Windermere Avenue, Ramsgate, is said to have stolen the packets, cash, a camera, gift cards, scratch cards and DVDs, between May 23 and 25 last year before selling them on.
The 43-year-old, who has not yet entered a plea, had his case adjourned when he appeared at Margate Magistrates Court on Monday.
Vicky Holland, defending, requested a four-week adjournment to allow for both prosecution and defence papers to be prepared and the magistrates bench agreed.
Chairman of the Bench Neil Hubbard said: "This case is not as simple as it appears and it is only fair that all information is gathered before we an continue.
"Such is the seriousness of the crime all information must be available. I am aware that the case has dragged on for a long time but I have no option but to agree with the adjournment for another four weeks."
Holness will return to Margate Magistrates Court on February 18.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
He's not kidding is heChairman of the Bench Neil Hubbard said: "This case is not as simple as it appears"
A POSTMAN accused of stealing 8,000 parcels and £20,000 from the Royal Mail Group
8000 in 3 daysbetween May 23 and 25 last year
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
At an average container fill of 200 small packets per York that's 40 Yorks.
How many Yorks does an Artic hold?
How many Yorks does an Artic hold?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
Did he swipe a HGV 
-
bag69
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
Scratch cards? Do we deliver them as well now!
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Re: Ramsgate postie accused of theft still awaits trial date
the only scratch card I seen today was the s**t one in the courier that I didn't win a 'fabulous holiday' on