db wrote:Explain how redundancy could be a good thing? Your onto a good thing with this job already!!
Spoken like a true mail centre employee.........wonder how you'll manage when the cuts come and you're wandering the streets with an HCT.......bet you won't be as keen then.
Your right I don't know what it's like on delivery, I have heard there are plenty of problems with dom's and not having enough time to finish etc!
But to say redundancy would be a good thing seams a strange statement!
db wrote:But to say redundancy would be a good thing seams a strange statement!
No-one said it would be.
The post you referred to said maybe that will be a blessing..
It could be,it could be the push someone needed to go back into education and find themselves a better job.
The redundancy could help someone start a new business....
The extra time at home could repair a struggling relationship....
Not working in delivery could put 10 years back on your lifespan...
He could just buy a lottery ticket with the last £1 of his payoff and lift the jackpot...
international wrote:I wanted to know what is the view out there within the workforce will we get privatised ??????????
Yes we will be privatised and I think it will be soon so we need to have some I.A. I don't really care what it's about but D.S.A is a good enough reason for me so then hopefully it would put people off from buying us but in reality we are doomed not if but when it happens,I think one of the first thing which will happen will be a reduction in wages WHAT A FU@@ING TREAT :dcfo :ncfo :vcfo :dcfo :ncfo :vcfo
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
I think it will happen this year, think we're past the point of stopping it now! It's just how we manage the change in a fair way, as there will be change and people need agree to change.
Certainly the Gov and RM are putting things in place for an early sale, and there are even fully fledged rumours in the press that the Gov may make a partial sell off early this year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Certainly the Gov and RM are putting things in place for an early sale, and there are even fully fledged rumours in the press that the Gov may make a partial sell off early this year.
I think it will be a partial floatation this year but more likely to be later rather then sooner: IMHO a defence against it is not very likely because RM and the Government are determined to get rid to raise money. Obviously RM Management will be looking for a lucrative share deal. The CWU are between a rock, the best interests of the members and a hard place the best interests of the CWU wonder which will win?
international wrote:Having no job will be destroy us and no job to go too plenty waiting for jobs already so need to be thankful
No, being stuck in what has become a dead-end job, is no reason to be thankful.
Personally, I'm bloody angry that I cannot get out of this feckin' rut.
international wrote:Having no job will be destroy us and no job to go too plenty waiting for jobs already so need to be thankful
No, being stuck in what has become a dead-end job, is no reason to be thankful.
Personally, I'm bloody angry that I cannot get out of this feckin' rut.
international wrote:Having no job will be destroy us and no job to go too plenty waiting for jobs already so need to be thankful
No, being stuck in what has become a dead-end job, is no reason to be thankful.
Personally, I'm bloody angry that I cannot get out of this feckin' rut.
Why haven't you gone to "the greener grass"
All the mail centre jobs are taken - personally I think it would be a good idea to have a job share - 3 days on delivery followed by 2 days standing by a machine on alternating weeks - that would give everyone a clearer view of what the business is about.
international wrote:Having no job will be destroy us and no job to go too plenty waiting for jobs already so need to be thankful
No, being stuck in what has become a dead-end job, is no reason to be thankful.
Personally, I'm bloody angry that I cannot get out of this feckin' rut.
Why haven't you gone to "the greener grass"
All the mail centre jobs are taken - personally I think it would be a good idea to have a job share - 3 days on delivery followed by 2 days standing by a machine on alternating weeks - that would give everyone a clearer view of what the business is about.
I would be up for that, but I work nights so would be hard to sort that with me!
By greener grass I mean a job outside Royal Mail, as there is apparently gold plated jobs out there!