ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No company footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: No company footwear

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
Dj Silver wrote: Image
Excuse me but we have our own thumbs up smiley guy. :thumbup
Don't be bringing cheap casual labour onto the site doing our smileys out of a job. :thumbdown
His looks to be from Eastern Europe as well.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Dj Silver
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 10:45
Gender: Male
Location: Not sure my Sat Nav is down

Re: No company footwear

Post by Dj Silver »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Dj Silver wrote: Image
Excuse me but we have our own thumbs up smiley guy. :thumbup
Don't be bringing cheap casual labour onto the site doing our smileys out of a job. :thumbdown
His looks to be from Eastern Europe as well.
No, he's from Southampton. He was a very unhappy smiley because of their manager getting the boot. So I gave him some work and cheered up a treat! :thumbup
Somebody called me a cult the other day, well I think that was what he said!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: No company footwear

Post by eastie »

krussel wrote:
eastie wrote:I have CAT Trainers that have split along the seams on both of them , they are sh1t in wet weather and not fit for purpose

Why did you not order another pair of RM footwear before they split :hmmmm
I did 5 weeks ago but my size was out of stock , been complaining to the DOM about them not arriving for about 3 weeks so rang the uniform line myself and was told they were out of stock for my size and put on "back order"??
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: No company footwear

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

eastie wrote:
krussel wrote:
eastie wrote:I have CAT Trainers that have split along the seams on both of them , they are sh1t in wet weather and not fit for purpose

Why did you not order another pair of RM footwear before they split :hmmmm
I did 5 weeks ago but my size was out of stock , been complaining to the DOM about them not arriving for about 3 weeks so rang the uniform line myself and was told they were out of stock for my size and put on "back order"??
Yeah I've got the same problem, been trying to get some new CAT Trainers for a while but they seem to be out of stock? Mine are getting worst by the day, and i don't see why i should fork out for work wear, I haven't asked but i doubt RM would reimburse if i did?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16730
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: No company footwear

Post by clashcityrocker »

JiminyBillyBob wrote: I haven't asked but i doubt RM would reimburse if i did?
You should ask - because they used to.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: No company footwear

Post by maisymoo04 »

Sun hat ..???????????
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Dj Silver
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 10:45
Gender: Male
Location: Not sure my Sat Nav is down

Re: No company footwear

Post by Dj Silver »

maisymoo04 wrote:Sun hat ..???????????
Yeah, it's a wide floppy brimmed little number in blue with a nice badge on the front.
Somebody called me a cult the other day, well I think that was what he said!
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: No company footwear

Post by maisymoo04 »

Dj I no what it was mate just wondering what sun ha
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Dj Silver
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Nov 2011, 10:45
Gender: Male
Location: Not sure my Sat Nav is down

Re: No company footwear

Post by Dj Silver »

maisymoo04 wrote:Dj I no what it was mate just wondering what sun ha
AH! Apparently can also be doubled up as a snow protector! You need to put it in the freezer overnight but then when snow slides off a roof the hardened brim deflects the snow! :Very Happy
Somebody called me a cult the other day, well I think that was what he said!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: No company footwear

Post by krussel »

eastie wrote:
krussel wrote:
eastie wrote:I have CAT Trainers that have split along the seams on both of them , they are sh1t in wet weather and not fit for purpose

Why did you not order another pair of RM footwear before they split :hmmmm
I did 5 weeks ago but my size was out of stock , been complaining to the DOM about them not arriving for about 3 weeks so rang the uniform line myself and was told they were out of stock for my size and put on "back order"??

No offense by why on earth do you want to order Kat trainers for winter use :hmmmm They are not water proof !

Why not simply ask what is available and stick with that :hmmmm I use Mags in the winter and although they are not perfect at least your feet stay dry.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: No company footwear

Post by krussel »

Dj Silver wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:Sun hat ..???????????
Yeah, it's a wide floppy brimmed little number in blue with a nice badge on the front.

You need a thick brass neck to wear it as its not a good look. :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: No company footwear

Post by maisymoo04 »

Dj Silver wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:Dj I no what it was mate just wondering what sun ha
AH! Apparently can also be doubled up as a snow protector! You need to put it in the freezer overnight but then when snow slides off a roof the hardened brim deflects the snow! :Very Happy
:Applause :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: No company footwear

Post by eastie »

krussel wrote:
eastie wrote:
krussel wrote:
eastie wrote:I have CAT Trainers that have split along the seams on both of them , they are sh1t in wet weather and not fit for purpose

Why did you not order another pair of RM footwear before they split :hmmmm
I did 5 weeks ago but my size was out of stock , been complaining to the DOM about them not arriving for about 3 weeks so rang the uniform line myself and was told they were out of stock for my size and put on "back order"??

No offense by why on earth do you want to order Kat trainers for winter use :hmmmm They are not water proof !

Why not simply ask what is available and stick with that :hmmmm I use Mags in the winter and although they are not perfect at least your feet stay dry.
Because I suffer with bunions and Cat trainers are comfortable for the condition
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: No company footwear

Post by monkeymutha »

Your not allowed to drive with the spikies on. So bit difficult when doing a rural in out van all the time. Need an alternative option.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: No company footwear

Post by maisymoo04 »

Strap tennis rackets monkey on ye feet when u get out :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"