:hmmmmOn reflection I think you're right.Cut Off King wrote:Me thinks thee to be over generous with the word "Smarts"dvbuk55 wrote:after Billy Smarts travelling circus.dingo wrote:Dvbuk if you say no what procdure do you think we will have ? the old one without any appeals , no procudure what Royal Mail want to do or will the new procdure come in anyway.
Not that I think it will be voted out, based on Branch meetings I think it will go through quite easily.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Attendance Procedure Branch Ballot: Vote NO
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New Attendance Procedure Branch Ballot: Vote NO
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: New Attendance Procedure Branch Ballot: Vote NO
Indivdual member ballots only happen on contractual issues and an attendance procedure is not contractual.
Prior to this attendance procedure there was no agreement and the operation of the sick procedure was based on retention and recruitment levels per postmaster area.
The pros of an attendance procedure is that everyone knows where they stand and there are 3 stages.
The disadvantages is that the standards allow some to play the system and do not protect those who are unable to attend for work. In addition with an agreement the chances of being successful at an ET is reduced.
Now in terms of the agreement on offer the plus point is that the agreement can only be changed by the negotiators and therefore all these rouge regional hr managers cannot now introduce unagreed guidelines.
The reason it went to a branch ballot is that Branch's should have been meeting with members to explain the agreement and the guidelines and then let the members vote and that is then aggregated across the branch. Now some Branch's have done this many I expect have not. However would sending a lengthy agreement and an even lengthier set of guidelines have got many members voting ?
Judging by previous indivdual member votes I don't think so.
Prior to this attendance procedure there was no agreement and the operation of the sick procedure was based on retention and recruitment levels per postmaster area.
The pros of an attendance procedure is that everyone knows where they stand and there are 3 stages.
The disadvantages is that the standards allow some to play the system and do not protect those who are unable to attend for work. In addition with an agreement the chances of being successful at an ET is reduced.
Now in terms of the agreement on offer the plus point is that the agreement can only be changed by the negotiators and therefore all these rouge regional hr managers cannot now introduce unagreed guidelines.
The reason it went to a branch ballot is that Branch's should have been meeting with members to explain the agreement and the guidelines and then let the members vote and that is then aggregated across the branch. Now some Branch's have done this many I expect have not. However would sending a lengthy agreement and an even lengthier set of guidelines have got many members voting ?
Judging by previous indivdual member votes I don't think so.
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: New Attendance Procedure Branch Ballot: Vote NO
In fact may I be so bold as to suggest that you actually ment "Billy and his travelling on expences complete and utter circus, featuring acts of illusion, clowns and hypnotism - NO REFUNDS GIVEN"dvbuk55 wrote::hmmmmOn reflection I think you're right.Cut Off King wrote:Me thinks thee to be over generous with the word "Smarts"dvbuk55 wrote:after Billy Smarts travelling circus.dingo wrote:Dvbuk if you say no what procdure do you think we will have ? the old one without any appeals , no procudure what Royal Mail want to do or will the new procdure come in anyway.
Not that I think it will be voted out, based on Branch meetings I think it will go through quite easily.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: New Attendance Procedure Branch Ballot: Vote NO
dingo wrote:However would sending a lengthy agreement and an even lengthier set of guidelines have got many members voting ?
Judging by previous indivdual member votes I don't think so.
It would make no difference if every member in the country were allowed to vote on it,in fact i think the result would be even more one-sided.
The reduction of the timescale for a stage from 12 months to 6 is a headline grabber that the majority of members will/would vote for.
Trying to put any counter argument up against that to members would be almost impossible.
It's a shoe-in as they say.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share