ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Snow
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Snow
That actually made me do that lol thing.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Snow
I also googled it - I think I found the DOMs personal transport versionfishtank wrote:I googled it.da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
Where does the bag go?

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rockytony67
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 419
- Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: London Town
Re: Snow
Bloody hell don't want to use one of those Radio Flyer's, looks like Jimmy Savile is on the controls in the backgroundTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I also googled it - I think I found the DOMs personal transport versionfishtank wrote:I googled it.da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
Where does the bag go?
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
-
ghostgirl
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:44
Re: Snow
Well we aren't allowed to carry bags so RM are gonna have one hell of a problem!!ashadd wrote:ALSO, for all us trolley dollies , according to the ssow relating to lwt s, then we shouldn't use them in snow.It doesn't say what we should use though...![]()
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Snow
I noticed thatrockytony67 wrote:Bloody hell don't want to use one of those Radio Flyer's, looks like Jimmy Savile is on the controls in the backgroundTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I also googled it - I think I found the DOMs personal transport versionfishtank wrote:I googled it.da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
Where does the bag go?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Snow
JiminyBillyBob, It'll take as long as it takes to get back to the office, complete your paper-work and leave at the regular time your contracted hours say you should leave..
anything more and, sorry, but you're being a fool to yourself.
anything more and, sorry, but you're being a fool to yourself.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Snow
So with a significant amount of snow forecast for Friday, does anyone know what the correct procedure is if you can't get into work. By that I mean
- do you still get paid, or do you have to reach the office to sign in, in order to be paid?
- if you are paid are there any catches, like it goes down as paid special leave?
- if you are not paid does it go down as an absence, or are you allowed to take it as a holiday, or unpaid special leave?
- if you are paid, do the same rules apply whereby you make up the hours the next day and can't book the overtime, because if they don't then it doesn't seem fair on those that can't deliver due to the snow, then choose to go home early and make the time good the next day, while others get to sit at home ALL day?
- do you still get paid, or do you have to reach the office to sign in, in order to be paid?
- if you are paid are there any catches, like it goes down as paid special leave?
- if you are not paid does it go down as an absence, or are you allowed to take it as a holiday, or unpaid special leave?
- if you are paid, do the same rules apply whereby you make up the hours the next day and can't book the overtime, because if they don't then it doesn't seem fair on those that can't deliver due to the snow, then choose to go home early and make the time good the next day, while others get to sit at home ALL day?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Snow
RTP wrote:So with a significant amount of snow forecast for Friday, does anyone know what the correct procedure is if you can't get into work.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 67#p539808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Snow
Anyone heard what time the snow is due to hit the country on Fri 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
