I wonder how a Council that is deep in debt and laying good people off left right and centre can afford to send out something called The Council Tenants News to every Council Tenant and The Council Bulletin to absolutely everyone including businesses.
Both "publications" are around 30 pages of self-congratulatory,back slapping bollocks that nobody reads or even wants.
And takeaway menus as D2D.
Residential and businesses?
You do realise i delivery to...other takeaway places.
To those companies that do update their database, check you do it correctly. That will stop me from having to deliver some advertising bumpf that was addressed to "Mr Deceased", which strangely enough wasn't the surname of the family that live there!
And on the subject of the council, maybe I have a money saving tip at Christmas time for you. When you publish a newsletter at the begining of December that includes the revised bin collection dates for Christmas, maybe it isn't a good idea to then send an addressed postcard to every single address on the route to tell them the revised dates - and then put a note on every single bin on the route on the last collection before Christmas. Not to mention the fact that the about half of the 250 council properties have shared bins and no one has to put the flipping things out anyway!!!!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
ewancurze wrote:Virgin media D2D this week, and today that bloody A4 letter to all the same adresses that had one just before Christmas.
Would that be the A4 letter where the address slips out of sight as soon as you bundle them up ?
Thats the one!!
This envelope contains advertising material from virgin media.
Seriously annoying. And worse of all it's DSA mail that's holding us up as we try to shake or accidentally damage the envelope to reveal the house number.
We actually lose money delivering it, so yes, less of it please.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Spoilsports - I wouldn't get any mail at all if it wasn't for my Virgin, Saga, Insurance and all my other friends writing to me, also it gives me hours of pleasure leafing through them at my leisure before consigning them to my shredder, which again provides me with pleasure. I only wish Hugh Hefner would send me some literature to while away those lonely hours
I'm on a firms round. The only d2d I have are Dominos menus, around once a month. I love delivering a menu to Subway, and then right next door, to Dominos themselves!
Lincox wrote:DVB Come on now, this year it,s quite warm, so no need to try and get into that nice warm naughty room just yet.
Well if you have any of your back copies Linc, sans sticky pages.........well I can always do with something more rivetting than how much I need to save for funeral expenses
Its not that some of us posties dont want to deliver; even the dreadful d2ds. Its just that as a customer and someone that cares a bit for the environment, it is plainly obvious that these marketing materials are not targetted and are just too frequent and too many to be effective.
Some of these companies are quite false - they are not as profitable as they seemed and their business methods leave a lot to be desired; even if they create jobs... These false jobs and economies will not last forever... One day a company is quoted on the stock market or AIM, next they have completely run of money and credit and people are laid off and tax payers picking up tabs.
I am a virgin media customer so I don't need all their crap - I get targeted mail and emails as it is... I am a BT shareholder so I despair when I see them wasting money on marketing materials - share price has not move postiviely for 5 years. My BT gas bill will most likely never come down due to the amount wasted on printed materials; and the story goes on... And just how many trees and other raw materials goes into these wasted pieces of paper/pulp???
At least RM make some money from D2D. All the saga items have been DSA this year
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........