ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Saturday's d2ds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deanyboy
Posts: 23
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:27
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by deanyboy »

I just wish I could read what the official rules are on all of this.
So myself and others are not getting f****d off by it all.
There should be one rule for all offices.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32816
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by POSTMAN »

deanyboy wrote:I just wish I could read what the official rules are on all of this.
So myself and others are not getting f****d off by it all.
There should be one rule for all offices.
Again you need to get hold of the rep,there 'should' be a local agreement on how you do them.

Most seem to do a row or column a day.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by cyberheater »

deanyboy wrote:I just wish I could read what the official rules are on all of this.
So myself and others are not getting f****d off by it all.
There should be one rule for all offices.
Whatever the local agreement is. They are to be done in WORK TIME. Not your own time.

Speak to your union rep as quick as possible. Those so called managers are taking the piss in your office.
pgtips
Posts: 51
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by pgtips »

deanyboy wrote:I just wish I could read what the official rules are on all of this.
So myself and others are not getting f****d off by it all.
There should be one rule for all offices.
Pretty sure the agreement is to deliver 1/6th per day & there's so many mins allocated per contract built into the prep time for this but the dom wont tell you this ;liar & D2D are classed as live mail so taking them home to prep is a big a no-no :arrrghhh
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by eastie »

Putting the D2D's in the slots first is a waste of time and also slows you up big time on throwing off or bundling up especially if you have lots of double slots.
I always put them in bundles of 20 at the back of each bundle taking out one per house, simples.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by hampshireman »

eastie wrote:Putting the D2D's in the slots first is a waste of time and also slows you up big time on throwing off or bundling up especially if you have lots of double slots.
I always put them in bundles of 20 at the back of each bundle taking out one per house, simples.
Not allowed to do that.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by eastie »

Why not?
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by hampshireman »

eastie wrote:Why not?
Because you are , by the rules, meant to put the D2D's in after the mail is in the frame.It's in the agreement.

Now whether the agreement means anything is another matter.

Nor are you allowed to 'nest'

Sometimes I despair that we have an agreement the we decide not to follow it ... and then f**king moan when things dont meet our 'needs'

In my office we still have ghost overtime. How does that effing work?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by fishtank »

Three reasons.
The first is that management believe it adds non-value time at the door.
The second is that it means there is no control process for determining how much is done each day.
Thirdly because they say so. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hampshireman wrote:
eastie wrote:Why not?
Because you are , by the rules, meant to put the D2D's in after the mail is in the frame.It's in the agreement.

Now whether the agreement means anything is another matter.

Nor are you allowed to 'nest'

Sometimes I despair that we have an agreement the we decide not to follow it ... and then f**king moan when things dont meet our 'needs'

In my office we still have ghost overtime. How does that effing work?
Actually you MAY BE allowed to - this is also in the BT2010 agreement.
Whilst the planned workload will be spread across the 6 days, delivery employees will have the ability to manage the delivery of the items themselves on the proviso that all items are delivered within the week and the delivery specification is not affected.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by fishtank »

Says in the nationally agreed D2D docs...

• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by eastie »

fishtank wrote:Says in the nationally agreed D2D docs...

• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep
I've found it stops mail from getting caught up in D2D's especially with double slots, can't see the logic in not letting you do it at the doorstep .
Plus there are other advantages I found especially with rain you can take a few out of the trolley at a time rather than having a whole bundle with thrown off D2D's that end up like papier mache nearing the end of the bundle.
I mentioned it at WTL and my DOM doesn't have a problem with it
marlboroman
Posts: 31
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 22:07
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by marlboroman »

We have been doing these things for bloody years and we still dont know what we are doing.
Just about sums this job up. A bloody joke.
jw1234
Posts: 76
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by jw1234 »

marlboroman wrote:We have been doing these things for bloody years and we still dont know what we are doing.
Just about sums this job up. A bloody joke.

That being said its not rocket science, put put some leaflets through a door.

I like being able to make my own mind up.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Saturday's d2ds

Post by RedBagMan »

I do love all this cr*p which includes phrases like "local agreement", "BT2010 agreement" ... in fact anything with the word "agreement" in it.

Have I actually "agreed" to anything (maybe by signing a contract, it's in the "small print" - a bit like PPI) ??

I think I've realised what's missing after all these years (OK 2.5 of the damn things)

A User Manual - so EVERYBODY knows EXACTLY what the score is ... not just for D2Ds, but for everything ... cutting off, docket, you name it - why the hell should any worker have to find out "the right way to do stuff" by trial and (more often) error - and a user manual that can be pulled out at any time to ensure that a postie is NOT being taken for a ride by management - witnesss the shambles of the docket over Christmas - this sort of stuff should be in black and white and legally binding on both sides :crazy:
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...