http://www.lichfieldpeople.co.uk/Stamp- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WELL done Royal Mail,
you have done it again, you put up the cost of a second class stamp, and hit the public where it hurts.
In the pocket.
I saw an old lady posting her Christmas cards the other day.
She told me it had cost her almost £13 in stamps – the cards she said cost a total of £2.50!
I had a card from the postman today telling me a post was awaiting my collection at Brittania Postal Centre, with £1.19p to pay!
Not knowing what it was I went to collect it, to find it was a Christmas card.
Not knowing if there was a gift card inside I paid the extra cost (to my annoyance).
I asked why the extra cost as the postage had been paid, the lady put it to the "size" envelope, it was a quarter of an inch too big! I could not believe it, an extra £1.19p to pay.
It is such a pity there is no alternative to you, i.e. TNT or UPS you lot would soon be out of business.
And now we hear the staff want to go on strike, for more money!
It's OK lads, don't worry, the Royal Mail will just pass it on to us, I guess!
I do not use the post at all, I text, e-mail, phone, anything not to use them.
Is it just me?
T Buckle.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stamp my utter disapproval
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6699
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Stamp my utter disapproval
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Stamp my utter disapproval
what an idiot he has the best postal service in the world, where else can you send a letter from one end of the country to the other for just fifty pence, and then he extols the virtues of TNT and their ilk!!!what do you think they wou;ld charge??? and how does he see the future of the postal market with them in charge!!!!
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Stamp my utter disapproval
I love reading stuff from prats like him.
Any other business would charge more for the service and would charge just as much or more for oversized items!
Any other business would charge more for the service and would charge just as much or more for oversized items!
-
thefemalepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Female
Re: Stamp my utter disapproval
And these idiots will be the ones moaning about the good old days when privitisation comes. If they moan about the service now and prices, they will be furious when prices skyrocket based on where you are sending the item etc... Fools.
-
Retired Postman
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Stamp my utter disapproval
T Buckle.
How I wish that it was "just you", but unfortunately you don't know enough about the postal industry and how it has been cut to the bone in order to make it look appealing for some company that doesn't care about the service that we all receive now to come along after privatisation, and really make it,
a. expensive
b. less of a service (i.e. less deliveries per week)
c. a nice little earner for their shareholders.
Oh how I wish people could see past their noses and their expanding bank accounts.
How I wish that it was "just you", but unfortunately you don't know enough about the postal industry and how it has been cut to the bone in order to make it look appealing for some company that doesn't care about the service that we all receive now to come along after privatisation, and really make it,
a. expensive
b. less of a service (i.e. less deliveries per week)
c. a nice little earner for their shareholders.
Oh how I wish people could see past their noses and their expanding bank accounts.
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Stamp my utter disapproval
In other words, he was peeved at having to pay a surcharge and went off on one?
T.Bickle more like!
T.Bickle more like!
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Stamp my utter disapproval
"I think I know what you mean, Travis. " 