http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/Exeter-wo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A WOMAN has spoken of her surprise after having to rescue her special Christmas present from rubbish in a wheelie bin.
Helen Drever, 46, of Thornton Hill, Pennsylvania, was out when a postman arrived at her home to deliver the parcel, containing a smart, pink cardigan.
Helen said: "I came home to discover a red card from the Royal Mail informing me that my parcel had been left in the green wheelie bin outside my house – the green recycling bin I share with two other flats.
"I dug through my neighbours old cartons to find a rather battered parcel.
"How the delivery man knew I would be home before the bin was emptied is beyond me."
But perhaps sadder news was to come.
Helen said: "As time passed another parcel I was expecting failed to arrive, as it was sent by the same person and at the same time as the one left in the bin it dawned on me that it was probably languishing at the recycling centre or dump. I could get no answer from Royal Mail's customer service and so sent an email. I got a generic reply.
"I am not happy and I wonder if anyone else has reported the same awful service or is wearing my missing felted jacket?
"My concern is that this has happened to other people who may not even know their parcel has been delivered and then taken away in a wheelie bin."
Lily Echaluce, a Royal Mail customer service advisor, told Ms Drever she was sorry to hear about the problems and assured her very few of the huge number of letters and packets handled encountered difficulties.
She suggested that, in order to progress the inquiry, Ms Drever should fill in a claim form adding: "Please be assured we take letting our customers down seriously and will use this information to make further improvements."
Royal Mail were unavailable for further comment.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Exeter woman's surprise after present left among rubbish
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Exeter woman's surprise after present left among rubbish
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Exeter woman's surprise after present left among rubbish
She probably will have gotten a generic reply of... "fill in a claim form". Nothing wrong with that!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?