ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
and why do houses get 'renovated'/tarted-up and the new letterboxes are 8"wide,1"'high' and installed at ankle-level
(and in the latest case on 'my' round the couple continue to receive their professional magazines, BMJ etc. They will either be 'knocked-up' or 'docket left'!)
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Yea, and in my experience they leave it hanging out of the letterbox for us to deliver. Not that I have an issue with that, as I got it wrong in the first place, but it makes me wonder :-JiminyBillyBob wrote:People who act as if its the end of the world because they got next doors mail
a) do they hate their neighbour?
b) too lazy to take it a few yards?
c) are they so perfect that they have to "make the point"?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
It's the "making the point" thing every time.
These people generally suffer from low self-esteem.
Pointing out other people's mistakes makes them feel better about themselves.
The words sad and pathetic spring to mind.
These people generally suffer from low self-esteem.
Pointing out other people's mistakes makes them feel better about themselves.
The words sad and pathetic spring to mind.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
are you talking about 'management' again.. ?fishtank wrote:It's the "making the point" thing every time.
These people generally suffer from low self-esteem.
Pointing out other people's mistakes makes them feel better about themselves.
The words sad and pathetic spring to mind.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
I had that last year. I was on the duty about five months at that point, so about 100 deliveries in and I made one mistake - a 1% failure rate at worst and the sky starts falling. I usually apologise just to minimise the disruption but I had a guy in the summer come shouting across the street as I was at the van and I just snapped at him. I can't remember what I said but he changed his tune quickly and decided it was actually the morons that came up with the numbering system for the flats built next to his house that were to blame for the mis-delivery (it was delivered as addressed).JiminyBillyBob wrote:People who act as if its the end of the world because they got next doors mail, i mean come on, there are people dying in this world because they haven't enough food!and i got this old guy drive round the streets where i deliver to tell me he got next doors mail? So I guess people with too much time on there hands such as old people and dole scum.
The machine stops.
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
I remembered another one, Some people who how put up little notes saying 'Do Not Bend Letters' or something along those lines? I mean fair enough with cards and such, but is it really that important that their phone bills and dole cheques stay nice and crease free?
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Had a punter that if you did it he would immediately complain to Postcomm. Manager then had to fill in a massive form.JiminyBillyBob wrote:I remembered another one, Some people who how put up little notes saying 'Do Not Bend Letters' or something along those lines? I mean fair enough with cards and such, but is it really that important that their phone bills and dole cheques stay nice and crease free?
-
KS
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Had a miserable cow tap on her window at me on new years eve as I was shoving the mail through her letter box in the pouring rain. Looked up, thinking she was about to wish me a "Happy New Year" or wanted to attract my attention and give me a Christmas tip having missed me before Christmas. No. Jeez, I am so naive. Instead she shouted from her warm, dry hall way "you keep your elastic bands to yourself" - Gobsmacked. Sooooo tempted to dump a huge pile of them on her doorstep. (not pile a huge dump on her doorstep - just the laggy bands)
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
KS wrote:Had a miserable cow tap on her window at me on new years eve as I was shoving the mail through her letter box in the pouring rain. Looked up, thinking she was about to wish me a "Happy New Year" or wanted to attract my attention and give me a Christmas tip having missed me before Christmas. No. Jeez, I am so naive. Instead she shouted from her warm, dry hall way "you keep your elastic bands to yourself" - Gobsmacked. Sooooo tempted to dump a huge pile of them on her doorstep. (not pile a huge dump on her doorstep - just the laggy bands)
Had something like this in the pouring rain during the xmas pressure. Her complaint was that i keep walking past her window everyday and she demanded that i used the drive. Its all concrete and fro 20 odd houses you walk straight along, no one else has ever mentioned it in 3 years
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
The attractive middle-aged women who don't invite me in for sex.
They're the worst.
They're the worst.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Ones that hang plant baskets in front of thier postbox 
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Or bother to place a number or name anywhere on their property.
Place Christmas decorations over the door knocker.
Place Christmas decorations over the door knocker.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Mark_Law22
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
The ones who shout at you for knocking 'too loud'?!
or those who leave their crazy blood thirsty dog out every day so you can't deliver their mail...
or those who leave their crazy blood thirsty dog out every day so you can't deliver their mail...
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Had one today....came in to collect and pay on a surcharged item.....nice respectable elderly man...as soon as he was told there was a £1.09 fee he let rip!!!!
''You are a disgrace''!
Why is that sir i asked?
Charging an old aged pensioner £1.09 he shouted at me(in front of several customers)!
I told him that the person who had sent the card hadn't put enough postage on the item hence the charge!
You should feel ashamed of yourself and your company!
I explained to him he could refuse the item if he so wished!
He promptly took the correct money out of his pocket.....threw the money under my glass window.....snatched the card off me.....and shouted at the top of his voice as he left the front door.....i hope your company goes bust this year......
slammed the door and i wished him a 'Happy New Year'

''You are a disgrace''!
Why is that sir i asked?
Charging an old aged pensioner £1.09 he shouted at me(in front of several customers)!
I told him that the person who had sent the card hadn't put enough postage on the item hence the charge!
You should feel ashamed of yourself and your company!
I explained to him he could refuse the item if he so wished!
He promptly took the correct money out of his pocket.....threw the money under my glass window.....snatched the card off me.....and shouted at the top of his voice as he left the front door.....i hope your company goes bust this year......
slammed the door and i wished him a 'Happy New Year'
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: What type of customers annoy you most
Now you've left you can go back there and dump laggy bands or worse on her doorstep.KS wrote:Had a miserable cow tap on her window at me on new years eve as I was shoving the mail through her letter box in the pouring rain. Looked up, thinking she was about to wish me a "Happy New Year" or wanted to attract my attention and give me a Christmas tip having missed me before Christmas. No. Jeez, I am so naive. Instead she shouted from her warm, dry hall way "you keep your elastic bands to yourself" - Gobsmacked. Sooooo tempted to dump a huge pile of them on her doorstep. (not pile a huge dump on her doorstep - just the laggy bands)