I would have thought it would be relatively simple to use the kinetic energy inherent in pushing a HCT to power a small dynamo for lights. And if you push it fast enough, (or let it run away from you downhill because you haven't applied the brake properly ) you could probably charge the PDA.
I think I should copyright this idea.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker wrote:I would have thought it would be relatively simple to use the kinetic energy inherent in pushing a HCT to power a small dynamo for lights. And if you push it fast enough, (or let it run away from you downhill because you haven't applied the brake properly ) you could probably charge the PDA.
I think I should copyright this idea.
I bet you'll find there's already something made for this.. like a Heath Robinson contraption.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Add a separate power supply that can be recharged so you can have your meal relief on the go.You have to have a cuppa and something hot to eat too so add a power point or two for a kettle and a few other handy electrical items to to do this.
And add a seat too.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
clashcityrocker wrote:I would have thought it would be relatively simple to use the kinetic energy inherent in pushing a HCT to power a small dynamo for lights.
Royal Mail doesn't do induction well,electromagnetic or otherwise....
All Royal Mail HCT's that have been upgraded or converted with dynamos/power supplies etc for lighting and/or any cooking of meals etc will now have to have a retrograde refit as we will be changing the clocks within a few days as "summer" is now on the way.
RM want the HCT's and their operatives to be a nimble and agile as possible when RM mail volumes start to pickup....
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"