ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties to return as mail ban ends - Penkhull

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Posties to return as mail ban ends - Penkhull

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Po ... /story.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FAMILIES left without postal deliveries in a health and safety row with Royal Mail are now receiving their letters on time again.

Posties had been banned from delivering mail to Maryfield Walk and Rogerstone Avenue in Penkhull after unstable paving slabs caused concerns over staff safety.

But now Royal Mail has reinstated the service after a re-working of the delivery routes and recent repair works carried out by residents.

However, the ban remains on five properties in Maryfield Walk – meaning homeowners must continue to collect their mail at Leek Road delivery office, in Stoke.

Sarmad Hashmi, aged 30, Maryfield Walk, said: "I'm really glad that we're finally getting post again.

"I only found out about the news when I went to the delivery office and they told me my post will be going to my home again.

"It was really stressful having to go to the delivery office every day after work to collect my mail. I just hope they continue to post here and don't stop deliveries again."

Sarmad and his wife Samiya, moved into the property last month following their honeymoon in Cornwall.

He said: "I came back expecting all my post would be there because I had had all my mail redirected here and was surprised there had been nothing.

"Then we got a letter on November 12 saying all post had been suspended.

"No post was delivered here for about a month. If I had known it was like this, I probably wouldn't have moved here."

Resident Elaine Martinaitis, aged 50, said: "I'm really glad they've reinstated the post to our homes again.

"It was a bit of a pain having to go to Leek Road to collect our letters all the time. When I recieved the letter saying all post was to be suspended, I gave the letter to my letting agents and I haven't heard anything since.

"As far as I know, the landlord hasn't made any changes to the pavements near my house so it's a bit of a mystery why they've suddenly starting delivering to us again."

Natalie Acton, aged 27, of Maryfield Walk, said the residents were delighted now they didn't have to go to Leek Road to collect their mail.

She said: "I work really long hours so I don't have time to collect the post. Luckily, my neighbour was collecting it for me from the delivery office but I was getting important things like bills late."

Royal Mail spokesman Val Bodden said: "Communication is taking place between Royal Mail, the landowners and five of the residents and they will be informed of the need to carry out repairs before we can restore deliveries to these properties.

"Once again we apologise to customers affected by the temporary suspension and hope they understand our reasons for doing so.

"The health and safety of our postmen and women is of paramount importance to us."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Posties to return as mail ban ends - Penkhull

Post by TeeferTiger »

"No post was delivered here for about a month. If I had known it was like this, I probably wouldn't have moved here."

Overly dramatic?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Posties to return as mail ban ends - Penkhull

Post by Stormproof »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: "It was really stressful having to go to the delivery office every day
Thats how most of us feel :left:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum