ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/p ... -32445527/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bosses at Royal Mail were blasted by a Perth woman yesterday after allegedly failing to inform hard-up pensioners about a low-cost stamps promotion.

Fair City resident Kate Clark said information about an offer on stamps being sold at 2011 prices to people on benefits such as Pension Credit and Disability Living Allowance had not been advertised in any meaningful way.

“There was meant to be vouchers put through the letterboxes in October,” she declared yesterday.

“No one’s had it. I only knew because a friend told me about it. The offer finishes on Christmas Eve so it doesn’t give people much time to get involved.

“It’s been kept a secret, I’m afraid.

“ It’s on the Royal Mail’s website, but who all goes on their website?”

Mrs Clark, who is a prominent member of the Perth and Kinross Healthy Communities Collaborative set-up, said residents at the Gladstone Court sheltered housing complex in Perth’s Bridgend district were among those who had been left in the dark about the offer - with the cost of sending Christmas cards soaring.

“No one here has had anything through their doors but a second class stamp is 36p instead of 50p - that’s a 14p saving,” said Mrs Clark.

“I think Royal Mail should get a wee smack across the wrists for not giving people on a low income the chance to get their stamps a bit cheaper.”

Mrs Clark said that PKHCC only found out about the offer last week and had hoped to put letters out to raise awareness.

“But they have staff off on holiday so they’re kind of scuppered,” she added. “It should’ve been brought to their attention a few weeks ago.”

A statement posted on the Royal Mail’s website yesterday read: “If you receive Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or Unemployability Supplement, you can buy up to 36 stamps in either books of six or 12 at our Christmas 2011 prices.

“The offer is available from November 6 until Christmas Eve. Stamps can be purchased from any Post Office.

“Vouchers will be delivered to every residence between October 8 and 18.

“If you need to speak to someone about the offer, you can contact Royal Mail Customer Services on 08456 016248.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by TeeferTiger »

It's also in the Post Offices (there are leaflets in mine and another locally advertising it), it's in the CAB offices, I've been plastering the offer on t'interweb.

RM say on their website that vouchers will be sent out in October, but I never got one so I applied online and got it within a few days.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by Stormproof »

All I remember was delivering a d2d stating that people could apply, don't think it was a voucher.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Mr Rush
Posts: 3352
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by Mr Rush »

Stormproof wrote:All I remember was delivering a d2d stating that people could apply, don't think it was a voucher.
Correct, I recall a form on the back of the leaflet that was to be presented to the PO when buying stamps.
The machine stops.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by TeeferTiger »

The voucher I was sent was basically the same leaflet I saw in CAB and accidentally binned lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Mr Rush wrote:
Stormproof wrote:All I remember was delivering a d2d stating that people could apply, don't think it was a voucher.
Correct, I recall a form on the back of the leaflet that was to be presented to the PO when buying stamps.
Yes an A5 sized leaflet as a Door To Door for week commencing Monday 8th October :Very Happy but maybe Fair City resident Kate Clark had opted out of receiving Door To Doors. :shock:
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Perth woman blasts Royal Mail bosses

Post by POSTMAN »

Same thing when we cahanged over to price in proportion,we delivered all the leaflets,nobody could be bothered to read them,then complain when they get bitten on the arse.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.