ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by TheCobra »

jaylime wrote:It gets on my tits when people moan about tips,be grateful for anything you get,and old lady gave me a quid the other day it meant more to me than any tenner or bottle i may get.maybe if people cared a bit more about there job than just in december they may get a good tip. :arrrghhh
The people who have tipped me have been old ladies, I deliver to a lot of small businesses, some who have boat loads of mail all year round. I chat to most of them within the time constraints of the job, what more can you do really. If people aint gona tip then it's fair enough, I just think times are changing probably.

I didn't really expect anything so not particularly disappointed, the one's I've had I'm grateful for, just a little annoyed at some of those businesses who don't seem to realise what a load of s**t delivering their mail is every day!
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by Stella102 »

TheCobra wrote:
jaylime wrote:It gets on my tits when people moan about tips,be grateful for anything you get,and old lady gave me a quid the other day it meant more to me than any tenner or bottle i may get.maybe if people cared a bit more about there job than just in december they may get a good tip. :arrrghhh
The people who have tipped me have been old ladies, I deliver to a lot of small businesses, some who have boat loads of mail all year round. I chat to most of them within the time constraints of the job, what more can you do really. If people aint gona tip then it's fair enough, I just think times are changing probably.

I didn't really expect anything so not particularly disappointed, the one's I've had I'm grateful for, just a little annoyed at some of those businesses who don't seem to realise what a load of s**t delivering their mail is every day!
yeah well you know what to do then if they dont tip... chuck the mail on the floor
twobags
Posts: 299
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by twobags »

jaylime wrote:It gets on my tits when people moan about tips,be grateful for anything you get,and old lady gave me a quid the other day it meant more to me than any tenner or bottle i may get.maybe if people cared a bit more about there job than just in december they may get a good tip. :arrrghhh
Well said my cover does no one any favours all year then a week or two before xmas hes bending over backwards to help but moans when no one tips him , :arrrghhh
gazza911
Posts: 9
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by gazza911 »

i made 30 quid and a nice btl of champers will go down a treat
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by bigcol »

Didn't even get Merry Christmas from the vicar. Then he told me his church was flooded. :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by kitkatchunky »

£60 and 2 presents and box of chocolates
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by krussel »

Just 5 tippers this year. :Very Happy

But :Very Happy £50 is fifty quid.

Edit.
Up to £75 now and a bottle of plonk
Last edited by krussel on 28 Dec 2012, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by DGP1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczPDGC3f8U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just one wafer thin mint :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by catch22 »

jaylime wrote:It gets on my tits when people moan about tips,be grateful for anything you get,and old lady gave me a quid the other day it meant more to me than any tenner or bottle i may get.maybe if people cared a bit more about there job than just in december they may get a good tip. :arrrghhh
i was made up when a card was handed to me by a customer with my name on it. They took the time to find out my name from someone else... made me feel appreaciated... seen as the dom doesnt give a monkeys.... or a tanner.

card had £5... and i was so pleased that they tipped and thanked me personally.
malawihap
Posts: 85
Joined: 29 Jan 2008, 11:40

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by malawihap »

So far £250 2 bottles of captain Morgans a chocolate orange/ box of quality street/ 2 bottles of beer and a homemade baked cake .
Labdog99
Posts: 29
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by Labdog99 »

AnotherLimey wrote:I think you will find a monkey is £500? :wink:
Think you'll find a monkey is a DOM !
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by cyberheater »

Finally got something. Some beer :Very Happy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by DGP1 »

I think I may have missed some today.........was around too early for them :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Baggaz
Posts: 24
Joined: 20 Sep 2011, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by Baggaz »

For those that are moaning - I trust you are declaring these gifts to the relevant tax authorities? (you ungrateful sods) :hmmmm
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Five quid and a box of After Eights?

Post by DGP1 »

Baggaz wrote:For those that are moaning - I trust you are declaring these gifts to the relevant tax authorities? (you ungrateful sods) :hmmmm
You don't have to, it's a gift that implies no additional service so it's not a payment and therefore doesn't require the knowledge of HMRC :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio