ashadd wrote:Not sure where I heard it, its one of those things you hear, it could even be 5k, BUT,only carry what you can manage,without straining yourself, and certainly don't carry 16k.In fact, if its flats you deliver to I recommend 5k, until your dim can prove otherwise.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=6125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This might help, I spent a lot of time arguing the case on my last duty about the 5kg maximum weight limit, at the beginning I was told no one else had a problem, then something will be done, could we wait till the revision and then taken of that duty.
ALWAYS the common sense rule of take what you think is SAFE applies. If you don't think you can take 8kg without possible strain or injury DON'T take it. If you do end up injured and sacked because you can't work anymore you might end up in an industrial tribunal. There you will be asked 'why did you take such a straining weight each day' You will say I was told to. The RM man will say that's incorrect everyone is responsible for their own H+S. And you will walk out the door with no job and no compensation. YOU decide what is safe.
ALL weight limits in past agreements were MAX limits NOT target weights or what each bag SHOULD be! Everyone one is different. If you keep getting this treatment note it down and launch a B+H complaint.
today i had to carry 2 bags at once one bag had 8 large bundles of letters flats and door to doors joy the bag was probably over 20kg on its own. couldnt fit any packets in that bag. so i had to carry a 2nd bag that was full of packets. my office still works out of gray boxes. i think if i had been using the 2 in a van system the job would of have been easier less tiring anyway
ashadd wrote:Not sure where I heard it, its one of those things you hear, it could even be 5k, BUT,only carry what you can manage,without straining yourself, and certainly don't carry 16k.In fact, if its flats you deliver to I recommend 5k, until your dim can prove otherwise.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=6125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This might help, I spent a lot of time arguing the case on my last duty about the 5kg maximum weight limit, at the beginning I was told no one else had a problem, then something will be done, could we wait till the revision and then taken of that duty.
newtimes-the tenement study has been kicked into the long grass,apparently over worries that it would effect full time jobs-ie office made up of predominately tenement deliveries and theres a cap on how much tenements on a delivery- equals loads of short PT deliveries-so now its full time jobs with cardiac arrest risks.Though the info from the study is still there and can still be used to fight your corner etc.
GOGS! wrote:today i had to carry 2 bags at once one bag had 8 large bundles of letters flats and door to doors joy the bag was probably over 20kg on its own. couldnt fit any packets in that bag. so i had to carry a 2nd bag that was full of packets. my office still works out of gray boxes. i think if i had been using the 2 in a van system the job would of have been easier less tiring anyway
WHY ?????????
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
GOGS! wrote:today i had to carry 2 bags at once one bag had 8 large bundles of letters flats and door to doors joy the bag was probably over 20kg on its own. couldnt fit any packets in that bag. so i had to carry a 2nd bag that was full of packets. my office still works out of gray boxes. i think if i had been using the 2 in a van system the job would of have been easier less tiring anyway
If you did then it’s. pretty idiotic thing to do. I hope your back is okay.
ashadd wrote:Not sure where I heard it, its one of those things you hear, it could even be 5k, BUT,only carry what you can manage,without straining yourself, and certainly don't carry 16k.In fact, if its flats you deliver to I recommend 5k, until your dim can prove otherwise.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=6125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This might help, I spent a lot of time arguing the case on my last duty about the 5kg maximum weight limit, at the beginning I was told no one else had a problem, then something will be done, could we wait till the revision and then taken of that duty.
newtimes-the tenement study has been kicked into the long grass,apparently over worries that it would effect full time jobs-ie office made up of predominately tenement deliveries and theres a cap on how much tenements on a delivery- equals loads of short PT deliveries-so now its full time jobs with cardiac arrest risks.Though the info from the study is still there and can still be used to fight your corner etc.
cheers for the up date, understand about FT jobs, but there must be a solution.