ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How to do a packet delivery in a van

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Spanishsteve
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Aug 2012, 22:00
Gender: Male

Re: How to do a packet delivery in a van

Post by Spanishsteve »

somerset wrote:
calpsy wrote:I get slagged for my system whenever I have to do packets but it works for me and it all gets done . I am the only one in the office doing it HA HA .

I get cards from yorks ( the ones with your DO on it ) or any bit of paper and I right out every road I come across on the packets . When I get another for that road I just add the number etc etc . Once they are all in I write it all down again neat and tidy hoping theres some doublers .

Hopefully it comes across easy enough .

We had another DO come into our building permanently and ive watched THEIR drivers do the exact same thing I have been doing ! ! !
Why do you get slagged ? What you are doing is exactly the same as i do. The best method ,
Quite agree to your method which is the same as I do.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: How to do a packet delivery in a van

Post by Stormproof »

somerset wrote:
calpsy wrote:I get slagged for my system whenever I have to do packets but it works for me and it all gets done . I am the only one in the office doing it HA HA .

I get cards from yorks ( the ones with your DO on it ) or any bit of paper and I right out every road I come across on the packets . When I get another for that road I just add the number etc etc . Once they are all in I write it all down again neat and tidy hoping theres some doublers .

Hopefully it comes across easy enough .

We had another DO come into our building permanently and ive watched THEIR drivers do the exact same thing I have been doing ! ! !
Why do you get slagged ? What you are doing is exactly the same as i do. The best method ,
I do the same.....thought everyone did :hmmmm
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: How to do a packet delivery in a van

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Split the packets into what walk they're on
Grab a few packet bags
Put the packets into bags and label them with the duty number
Start with the nearest duty and work my way round

It stops everything sliding around in the back of the van if you're doing a lot of smaller parcels. There's a few oversized one's obviously but they're put to one side and just checked on when I'm pulling the next bag out. And don't forget a few extra packet bags for putting the notice left packets in - keeps everything tidy back there which is half the battle won.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: How to do a packet delivery in a van

Post by calpsy »

Not ONE person in my office does it my way .

They load up the parcels into a way they remember and go .

How the hell can they remember all the streets and numbers ?

My way I cannot fail and I do it in the least time possible .

Im glad im not alone :nana