ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

shorts banned

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by TheCobra »

It's just a simple, modern day man-contest. :nana
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: shorts banned

Post by krussel »

doorstepped wrote:STILL IN SHORTS -5 when I got to work, -2 when out on delivery.
Have you had your blood pressure checked recently :hmmmm

I am being serious :neutral:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: shorts banned

Post by doorstepped »

I am just a naturally warm person.

my core temp is fine as my upper body is fully covered by either a body warmer or my red fleece when it is cold.

next, people on here will want footballer's, rugby players etc to wear trousers when they are playing sport in the winter!!!! :roll:

if you are moving you will not get cold, simple really :Very Happy
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by fishtank »

It's not the cold that worries me,it's the overgrown rose bushes,brambles,nettles,rusty gates,nails and screws and other bits and bobs and muck your trousers generally give some protection against.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Labdog99
Posts: 29
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by Labdog99 »

SF wrote:Just ask the ladies, seeing my sexy legs every afternoon makes their day.
No. When they get older they moan about Posties in shorts Captain Mainwaring.

As an old lag you probably have one of the easiest rounds in the office so you don't generate enough heat to be able to wear shorts. Just a guess !!!
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by CharlesSpooner »

doorstepped wrote:
I wear a sleeveless shirt........they are part of the uniform provided by RM for me to use.
Sleeveless shirts are part of the uniform? I've not seen them.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: shorts banned

Post by doorstepped »

ok, short sleeved shirt for the picky ones :P
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: shorts banned

Post by CharlesSpooner »

doorstepped wrote:ok, short sleeved shirt for the picky ones :P
:Very Happy
I was just a bit worried that there actually were skimpy muscle vests being issued as part of the uniform.