ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Got a gold coin! with chocolate in it 
-
scooby
- Posts: 287
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost some where.....
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
my van buddy had a big cuddly toy dog that big he has to go back and pick it up lol
-
marlboroman
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 22:07
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Last year 250,this year on park and loop looking like sod all .Not suprised though as last year I had my own round and had an idea what my role was.
Now its take this out,leave that loop in ,leave packets in or stay out til dark.
Now its take this out,leave that loop in ,leave packets in or stay out til dark.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Sod all again as I am floating week reserve. I probably got about 20 pounds in last 6 christmas combined :(
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Lucky you that can afford to smoke..........and drink............and indulge in other vicesSherpas Rule wrote:Royal Mail drives you to smoking, and drinking, and a whole load of other vices!k979aaa wrote:Smoking is bad for youSherpas Rule wrote:40 Rothmans king size the other day!but so is royalmail
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Well I don't drink, I don't smoke and the other vices are merely a fond memory ................unfortunately.DGP1 wrote:Lucky you that can afford to smoke..........and drink............and indulge in other vicesSherpas Rule wrote:Royal Mail drives you to smoking, and drinking, and a whole load of other vices!k979aaa wrote:Smoking is bad for youSherpas Rule wrote:40 Rothmans king size the other day!but so is royalmail
-
freig
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 21 Oct 2009, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
tomorrow is my bloody birthday - they do say it only lasts a day and I sincerely hope so.[/quote]
I can confirm that your birthday will last no longer than a day.
I can confirm that your birthday will last no longer than a day.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
bird who coughed up a fiver last Xmas told me other day that she's disgusted in the price hike of the stamp and hand delivering as many as she can this year, so looks like that's gone for a burton! and i only got that tip because she asked me to pass on a tenner to the "regular" who had left 4 months before!
I'll be having to tip the neighbours xmas13 at this rate for taking in parcels!!
I'll be having to tip the neighbours xmas13 at this rate for taking in parcels!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I had the card,big smile,thanks son....just to open it and find out that's all it was...a card thingy today.
I'm normally quite laid back about tips,i don't do the cheesy tip hunting,silly hat thing and i really don't care but....i was pissed off.
The trouble was he tipped me £10 last year and he's minted so this was obviously a message that behind the big smile and thanks son i had pissed him off first.
Punters...you've got to love them.
I'm normally quite laid back about tips,i don't do the cheesy tip hunting,silly hat thing and i really don't care but....i was pissed off.
The trouble was he tipped me £10 last year and he's minted so this was obviously a message that behind the big smile and thanks son i had pissed him off first.
Punters...you've got to love them.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
eric the viking
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 228
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: south west
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
Two 500ml bottles of cider from my local producer but only after I spent ten quid of my own money with them. Still a tip is a tip and they didn't have to give anything so I'm happy. 
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
No tips for me as knumbnuts manager moved me off the walk I've done ALL year and put me on one I've never ever done before (just for next week leading up to xmas). I was gobsmacked and have started my own overtime ban.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
That's pretty harsh!monkeymutha wrote:No tips for me as knumbnuts manager moved me off the walk I've done ALL year and put me on one I've never ever done before (just for next week leading up to xmas). I was gobsmacked and have started my own overtime ban.
I have £7 so far. A £2 tip and a fiver.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I guess that ones in the black book then ?fishtank wrote:I had the card,big smile,thanks son....just to open it and find out that's all it was...a card thingy today.
I'm normally quite laid back about tips,i don't do the cheesy tip hunting,silly hat thing and i really don't care but....i was pissed off.
The trouble was he tipped me £10 last year and he's minted so this was obviously a message that behind the big smile and thanks son i had pissed him off first.
Punters...you've got to love them.
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I've had sweet FA and I'm not expecting anything as I've just been put on this duty.
-
KS
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??
I'm well chuffed - Had £24 in various denominations, bottle of wine,two box of choccies and a bag of 5 past their best tomatoes- dont ask, elderly lady - made me smile though. Thought about sharing with the guy who does the packets on my round as he never gets to see anyone, cos he always leaves the parcels on the doorstep.